Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kit is everyone using? I don't want the hub to stick out very far. Please show your kit with pictures of hub installed on wheel.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
What exactly is the benefit for the hubs? Does it just allow for more power transfer in 4x4?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exactly is the benefit for the hubs? Does it just allow for more power transfer in 4x4?
Front end is not turning all the time. Less wear and tear on front end parts, tighter turning, less drag = better mpgs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Im pretty sure its so u can unlock the front wheels to spin freely from the drivetrain like a 2wheel drive then when u need 4wheel drive u can lock them back up

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is Dynatrac lower profile than the rest?

·
World Champs!!!
24,255 Posts
Fully rebuildable, get rid of the troublesome factory unit bearings. Main benefit over anything else.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Spyntec shorty version here... just ran out to get pics so it's a little dirty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the Spyntec kit something that you will be able to get parts for down the road? I like the looks of the low profile hub. Does Dynatrac make a low profile kit?

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I believe they have a nice low profile kit also. The bearings are something you can pick up at any parts store as are the seals. The hub itself is their own design but I'm sure they are easy to obtain. Not really a whole lot to them. The Mile Marker locking mechanisms have been around forever. I chose these because of the low profile design
View attachment 176121 View attachment 176129

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have been super interested in these and want to get a pair very soon, but my question is how hard are they to install? sorry for stealing your post.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What kind of MPG gains have you seen from doing this mod? Sorry in advance for the hijack.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is the Spyntec kit something that you will be able to get parts for down the road? I like the looks of the low profile hub. Does Dynatrac make a low profile kit?
The Dynatrac kit only comes one size, however the dynalock hubs are lower profile then the Warn hub option.

I picked up about 1mpg, but that's not the reason to make the conversion, getting rid if those blasted unit-bearing is.

Dynatrac is all Timkin, Dana parts. I've had my for close to 50,000 miles had them apart once to repack.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Anyone have the measurements of the wms to end of the hub? Curious as to what is lower profile.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Anyone have the measurements of the wms to end of the hub? Curious as to what is lower profile.
I can get that if you tell me what the wms is??? Wheel Mounting Surface, maybe?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, just curious which ends up being the lowest profile.

·
Banned
227 Posts
I'm sorry but they all look like dog crap. For the $1000 you spend, and the little you gain, it's not worth the crappy looks. I've got a 143k on stock hubs and can buy timken replacement hubs for $135/ea. There is no sense in spending that kind of money to make the truck look like crap.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm sorry but they all look like dog crap. For the $1000 you spend, and the little you gain, it's not worth the crappy looks. I've got a 143k on stock hubs and can buy timken replacement hubs for $135/ea. There is no sense in spending that kind of money to make the truck look like crap.
You know what they say about opinions. . .
For some people its something that's worth it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts