Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am new to the forum and have a question regarding my speedometer. It is a 1993 W250 4x4 5.9 with gertrag. I had the tranny rebuilt and ever since then the speedometer has not worked. That is all fine and good and I have driven it in this condition for over a year now. This weekend however the thing started working if only for about 5 miles before quitting again, even the cruise control came back. Long story short, now I want to fix this and it is driving me crazy. Type A kinda thing....Any ideas where to start? What would cause it to start back up again, and then just as suddenly stop? Thank for the help in advance.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The plugs on the tranny are most likely the culprit. When my speedo quits, I clean those connectors and everything is good for a year again. Depending on which one is loose/corroded/wet, you can have no speedo and no cruise or no speedo but cruise works. It is fed, pulse unit plug to cruise. Return wire from cruise to plug to speedo. 2 Bosch or Deutz connectors near the tailshaft. Also. make sure the pulse generator is properlty mounted to the tranny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts