Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My levelling kit is on its way and the 35" X-Terrains are sitting here waiting. To recalibrate my speedo etc., do I have to go to a dealership? I would think there are programmers out there that also have the ability to correct for tire size, gear ratio changes etc. If there is such an animal, what would you all recommend? I'm not looking for mad gains in performance but maybe something that will give a little extra kick for towing and maybe allow a little better mileage on the highway all while being able to adjust for the above mentioned mods. Thanks for the input.

·
Banned
275 Posts
I have the Superchips Cortex in mine and it goes up to 44" tall tires, I'm only running 40's and I love it. Didn't go crazy on power, won't void warranty and it comes with a 2 yr powertrain warranty. I run it in perf tow mode and fuel eco is better too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. What do they typically cost?

·
Registered
108 Posts
is there any other way other than a programmer? i have the same problem, but i already have a programmer so i dont wanna buy another one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Super Lift Suspensions makes or at least they use to make an Item called true Speed, it's a hard wired system. My Smarty does the trick for me. Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts