Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting a 2010 2500 Laramie Diesel. I love everything about it but I wanted to check on steering at highway speeds. Right now I have an 03 FX4 that is great other than not having very good "straight tracking" steering on the highway. It's all over the place and wears you down on anything over a 60 mile trip. I know it doesn't have speed sensitive steering. It doesn't look like the Ram has it either. I know GM has been putting it on all their trucks since the mid 1990's, but prefer the dodge. Does anyone know if the steering on the 2500s wanders on the highway or has Dodge done something to assist the steering from wander and it's just not called "speed sensitive steering?" I also had a 1995 Range Rover classic (bought new) and it was even worse. When I asked the RR service guys about that they just laughed and said "you gotta drive these...." Not very funny to me but they seemed to get a kick out of it. Hopefully the Dodge is not that way.

·
Salty Squid
769 Posts
I don't know about "speed sensitive steering" but, I just got done on a 900 mile round trip to Oregon and back this last weekend. The new dodge drove like a dream, as long as you stayed out of the right lane on the interstate. The dodge tracks strait nicely.

I had an 06 FX4 and it wondered all over on the freeway. Another reason I own a dodge again.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On my 2003 1/2 ton Hemi QC SB I found that here in Monata on the interstate it tended to wander to one side or the other. I asked about it and Dodge told me it's just how they are. Even had the alignment checked.

On my new 2010 2500 MC Laramie, it's totally smooth with no such wander. I love it. I've only had it out a week now, but I haven't noticed any steering issues.

Dan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey 10.5 just got rid of my 2008 F250 FX4 for a new 2010 Ram 2500 both were 4X4 the dodge rides really well the suspension is a little stiffer but i love the tight feel of the dodge no wondering at all ! PS I towed with it the other day for the first time and WOW i should of done this a long time ago !!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts