Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just popping over from the 4th gen group. I've got a question maybe someone can answer.

Back in high school, a friend of mines dad had a first gen. This was early 90's, so I'm thinking it was a 92 or 93. Anyway, it was a single cab, 4x4, white with the gray metallic stripe down the side. The one thing that stood out to me was right below the fender badges, there was a sticker that said something like "The beast, by cummins". It was circular and I'm sure it probably had more on it, but I've slept since then and thats all I remember.

This was out in west/central Texas, and he purchased it new. Just wondering if anyone has seen those stickers? Did that indicate some extra options or just some random dealer sticker? I've never seen another and google doesn't show much. Just curious, Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,832 Posts
Ive seen a Banks badge but never heard of that one.

·
Registered
2018 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn 4x4
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but no that wasn’t it. It was similar style to the templates attached. Across the circle it said The Beast, and then below it in smaller font said, by Cummins.
I’m fairly sure there was other writing around the circle but honestly that’s been 27-28 years ago. That truck was passed to the son in 96 when he was my roommate, then traded in, repainted, sold and never seen again. I’ve been gone from there 20+ years and my friend who had it passed years ago. Oh well..

My guess is that it was likely a dealer added performance option or something. Was just hoping someone else had seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
Back in "the day", a lot of those Texas (southern) dealers added their own unique customizing to sell vehicles as there were a lot of dealers to choose from and they needed to stand out.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was from the dealer the truck was bought, much like the rear bumpers that had the dealer's name stamped in them or the mudflaps that also had the dealer's name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts