Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently purchased my first Cummins. A 95 Ram 2500 2wd extended cab 12 valve automatic. Was told its a special edition/H.O. engine. Has chrome factory intake elbow with C emblem? Anybody know of any difference?

·
The Uppity 12v Admin
8,220 Posts
There is no "H.O." engine option in a 12v. There also was no "Special Edition" trim level available from Mopar directly as far as I know. More likely, it may be a dealer customized truck, or a previous-owner customized truck. Post some pictures, please.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Yeah. Definitely need some pictures. Sounds like another one of those Craigslist “I know what I got, but I don’t know what I’m talking about” type of ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,290 Posts
Ive recently purchased my first Cummins. A 95 Ram 2500 2wd extended cab 12 valve automatic. Was told its a special edition/H.O. engine. Has chrome factory intake elbow with C emblem? Anybody know of any difference?
Read the engine tag, it should say 160hp there is noting H.O. About it. Someone customized the intake at some point that is all.

·
The Uppity 12v Admin
8,220 Posts
Looks like someone glued a 3rd or 4th-gen fender badge on a factory horn. Didn't even bother to wire-wheel all the paint off first.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Theres nothing special about that thing lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
A badly applied dose of silver paint is also a 'chromed intake elbow' apparently :D Chevyhater99 (hey, come on now, I like Chevy's :D), you're gonna get some crap on this, but the fact is, there are a tiny handful of people on here who are original owners... and the other 95% of us are always dealing with stupid %$#% the previous owner did :D I see some non-stock wiring running along the hood seal in those pics too, who knows what that is :D We'll help you sort it out.

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
What??? There weren't any special editions? Seriously, this was done before Ram offered 4500s and 5500s. (You can tell by the perfect paint), I need to post what it looks like now. The Cummins C was sold at Cummins dealers nationwide back then, might still be.

RAM 5500 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Double picture was added by the site, not me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hah. Nothing personal about Chevy, im a Ford and Jeep guy myself but yea. I wasnt gonna turn down the chance to own a 12v when i finally came across one. The wire ran across the firewall is my EGT. Threw a set of gauges in it just to keep an eye on things. Otherwise shes bone stock. I had an issue with it not shifting past 3rd gear so i grounded the brown wire off the 3wire (solonid plug?) on top the tranny so now its always in OD but she gets through 1st 2nd and 3rd super quick and just tries to stay in 4th.

·
Registered
145 Posts
A badly applied dose of silver paint is also a 'chromed intake elbow' apparently :D Chevyhater99 (hey, come on now, I like Chevy's :D), you're gonna get some crap on this, but the fact is, there are a tiny handful of people on here who are original owners... and the other 95% of us are always dealing with stupid %$#% the previous owner did :D I see some non-stock wiring running along the hood seal in those pics too, who knows what that is :D We'll help you sort it out.
That non factory wiring that you mentioned happens to be the lead to his pyrometer probe! Oops! Edit: I Answered before reading to the end of the post! Sorry for being repetitive.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts