Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have the 6 speaker system in my 98.5 dodge but the driver side tweeter and driver door speaker dont work. I removed the head unit an all connections seemed tight can you point me in the right direction to cure this? Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I had that issue, turned out just to be Dodge's dodgy speakers.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey guys I have the 6 speaker system in my 98.5 dodge but the driver side tweeter and driver door speaker dont work. I removed the head unit an all connections seemed tight can you point me in the right direction to cure this? Thanks
waiting on someone else to confirm, but i think with the earlier infinity systems there is a amp on each door speaker powering that speaker. the front amp also powers the tweeter. if thats the case, then either the amp has went bad on the front speaker or the amp is not getting a signal to come on from the remote wire.

the newer second gen system, like in my 2002, has a single amp on each front door speaker. there is a 10 pin connector going to that amp.

your best bet is going to be to replace all six speakers and run new wires. its not too hard.

·
Registered
2012 3500 CCLB dually 4x4 auto Mini Maxx w/Anarchy Tunes studs 35's 5" exhaust S&B intake
895 Posts
My drivers front speaker died, too. Early systems have 4 pins to each front amp on the speakers. Your amp probably quit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts