Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is getting time that I have to put a clutch in my Goat. My dad had a Southbend Clutch put in his truck about 2K miles ago. I drove it the other day to feel his clutch. I felt good and held the power really well.....But I couldn't shift down. And I really need that option because I haul a bulldozer and a 36' 5th wheel. Is this because of the stiff pressure plate? or not really broke in yet? or is it just his truck?:lol3: Thanks for any input on this guys.....

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Couldnt shift down? I found after the DD i installed i had to give it some throttle and match RPMs to downshift. Takes a little practice but works just fine.

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
i have ran the OFE and a DD from south bend and have never had a problem downshifting. it may need to break in alittle. :thumbsup

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldnt shift down? I found after the DD i installed i had to give it some throttle and match RPMs to downshift. Takes a little practice but works just fine.
Yea I didnt try giving it any throttle....I was just coasting and tryn to shift down. He babies his truck...he would have thought I was hot rodding it:lol3: I just felt that it wouldnt shift down while coasting. I might go get it again and try that

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Yea I didnt try giving it any throttle....I was just coasting and tryn to shift down. He babies his truck...he would have thought I was hot rodding it:lol3: I just felt that it wouldnt shift down while coasting. I might go get it again and try that
Yes that's what you have to do, match RPMs then shift.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well hell I might as well not even use the clutch then...:lol3:...I also think it may be his pedal is not adjusted right. His engages no more than an inch of being depressed. My truck you have to be to the floor from a stop and when your goin bout half way.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I hope my new southbend DD dont do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts