Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about switching the clutch befor to long, which is the best, and how much do they run installed

·
Registered
317 Posts
Just a pre-warning, you will get random posts either saying one is great and give no reason why, or will say one is horrible and not give a reason why. Also, consider the intelligence of people. If everyone says that one company helped them non-stop and went out of the way, then one guy comes in saying how they refused to help and whatnot -- desregard them. Just use some common sense when reading the responses. No offense to anyone posting help up.

Zach

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i got that reponse on a few other things. thanks for the heads up Zach

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have no complaints with my Southbend. It handles everything I can throw at it. It wasn't too expensive either, I think I gave right at $900. Its rated at 550/1200 I think.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was that installed??

·
Registered
210 Posts
youd be better off just doing a thread search on the two, that will bring up all the information you need. that being said i love my valair

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Both are great products and you can not go wrong with either manufacturer.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay then thanks everyone. And i gotta get with you james later when i get my taxes finished about gettin that bladerunner.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:roYou know what james...i dont think ive told anyone lately to shop with you!!!...lol
I gotts earn that liscence plate you promised.:rof:rof:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
The ones I ordered did not turn out like the proof I was shown. I have placed another order and hopefully these will look better. You are on my list bud :thumbsup

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your good people man...i was kiddin though, i have sent lots of people your way...and as soon as the IRS gets done takin my money, i will send some your way! Did i tell you about me gettin kicked off??

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'd go with valair if or not going to try to make alot of power i like my like my valair but it starting to go i think i have to much power 4 the clutch to hold it i've seen them fail on trucks with alot of power. If u want to make a lot of power and hold it i would go with a SB clutch. Its just my opinion im not saying ones better then the other but i've seen both clutchs in action. I will say that valair will be there for u if u have trouble.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want to get this one up to around 500hp. But i want the piece of mind that i wont have any problems. I will be on the road for the next few years, and dont need any lay-ups. next winter i hope to get a 2nd gen for fun, thats gonna be the monster for me...800hp+, but this truck is too new for me to destroy...lol

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whats the price difference?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I have a Valair Dual Disk. It was overkill for what i needed for everyday stuff but i wanted something that would hold up to a little fooling around (Sled Pulling). So far its been a great clutch. It does take a little practice because when it starts to engage it is engaged. Not much slip. They were great to deal with and everything. I have had no experience with SB but i would assume there clutches are just as good. Cant go wrong with either, IMO

1 - 20 of 34 Posts