Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
151 Posts
With the SB clutch do you notice any takeoff shudder or jumping similar to axle wrap? I have an apparent aftermarket in my truck but no history on it. It was a repo. Stiff pedal and that clutch just wants to hook up and go.

· Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,941 Posts
With the SB clutch do you notice any takeoff shudder or jumping similar to axle wrap? I have an apparent aftermarket in my truck but no history on it. It was a repo. Stiff pedal and that clutch just wants to hook up and go.
Shouldn't be any shuttering. Does it have the aftermarket hydraulics on it?

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Maybe he's saying his is grabby..?

· Registered
151 Posts
Looks like stock hydraulics. There is shuddering all the time taking off and even when I don't perfectly speed match when shifting. Nothing smooth about it. Darn thing sure hooks up though but I would really like smooth. The truck is only lifted 4" so I don't think that driveshaft to pinion is the issue. Even in 4 high does the same thing. Go figure??? Yes, I think "grabby" is the perfect word. That it is......

· Your Delightfully Ginger Kentucky President
3,941 Posts
Only happens when you take off?

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
Only happens when you take off?

He just told us...

There is shuddering all the time taking off and even when I don't perfectly speed match when shifting. Nothing smooth about it. ...

Yes, I think "grabby" is the perfect word. That it is......

· Registered
335 Posts
Looks like stock hydraulics. There is shuddering all the time taking off and even when I don't perfectly speed match when shifting. Nothing smooth about it. Darn thing sure hooks up though but I would really like smooth. The truck is only lifted 4" so I don't think that driveshaft to pinion is the issue. Even in 4 high does the same thing. Go figure??? Yes, I think "grabby" is the perfect word. That it is......
Sounds like a ceramic single to me. They are quite grabby but hold well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.