Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I got the chance to drive Rip's (owner of Source Automotive and Dunrite converters) 08. They had just installed a set of twins, which used the stock top turbo, and an S475 on the bottom.

I really hadn't driven one of the 6.7's much, but I have to admit that the way the exhaust brake integrates with the 6 speed auto transmission is very nice. Having a set of twin turbo's with that combo makes for a really nice driving truck. No codes were set either.

I do not know what kind of fueling enchancements it had, or if it had any, but it sure was responsive. Spoolup was very fast.

I guess they also have (or are testing, not sure which), a combo that uses an S300 on top of the S400.

It looks like all of you guys with 6.7's are starting to get all of the goodies that the rest of us have had.

Paul

P.S. Before anyone asks, I did not even think to take pics...

·
Unreconstructed
6,118 Posts
Get some pics...

I'd like to see that setup...

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
Just Called And They Say They Are Close But Not Selling Them Yet...

·
MOD-A-HAULIC
1,264 Posts
On The List...

·
Registered
899 Posts
A couple of weeks ago, I got the chance to drive Rip's (owner of Source Automotive and Dunrite converters) 08. They had just installed a set of twins, which used the stock top turbo, and an S475 on the bottom.

I really hadn't driven one of the 6.7's much, but I have to admit that the way the exhaust brake integrates with the 6 speed auto transmission is very nice. Having a set of twin turbo's with that combo makes for a really nice driving truck. No codes were set either.

I do not know what kind of fueling enchancements it had, or if it had any, but it sure was responsive. Spoolup was very fast.

I guess they also have (or are testing, not sure which), a combo that uses an S300 on top of the S400.

It looks like all of you guys with 6.7's are starting to get all of the goodies that the rest of us have had.

Paul

P.S. Before anyone asks, I did not even think to take pics...
is that truck not awesome? he did my brothers twin set up and some other work 4 us and i'v been friends with him now for 6yrs. he sure knows his sh1t.:whip:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
is that truck not awesome? he did my brothers twin set up and some other work 4 us and i'v been friends with him now for 6yrs. he sure knows his sh1t.:whip:
Rip is one of the best:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Rip is truly one of the good guys. I remember a few years ago, when he was still racing his 01, I was looking at putting twins on my 02. He let me borrow his 01 for an afternoon, while they were doing something on my 02 (don't remember what). After driving his 01, it made my mind up on buying twins.

I don't think that had anything to do with me driving his 08. I don't own a 6.7L. Of course my brother does.... :hehe:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Yeah, Rip is truly one of the good guys. I remember a few years ago, when he was still racing his 01, I was looking at putting twins on my 02. He let me borrow his 01 for an afternoon, while they were doing something on my 02 (don't remember what). After driving his 01, it made my mind up on buying twins.

I don't think that had anything to do with me driving his 08. I don't own a 6.7L. Of course my brother does.... :hehe:
Yep, sounds about right :lol4:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After doing twin kits for the 2nd gen 12V, the 2nd gen 24V, and the 3rd gen, the 6.7L kit shows everything they have learned from doing the earlier kits. The quality and the fit looked very nice.

Paul

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,060 Posts
Rip has been good to me along with Bill in my twins build. I had heard also a short while ago that they were up and running with theirs. I need to get down there and see them.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Rip has been good to me along with Bill in my twins build. I had heard also a short while ago that they were up and running with theirs. I need to get down there and see them.
:ditto: I'm anxious to see their version too:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Kevin,

Where are you located in Salem? I go through there all the time, on my way to race at Woodburn. I'd like to stop and see your shop.

Do you every make it to any of the NHRA points races at Woodburn? I usually run points at Medford, but on off weekends, and now before the Medford track opens I spend quite a bit of time at Woodburn. I just thought I might have met you there.

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Hey Kevin,

Where are you located in Salem? I go through there all the time, on my way to race at Woodburn. I'd like to stop and see your shop.

Do you every make it to any of the NHRA points races at Woodburn? I usually run points at Medford, but on off weekends, and now before the Medford track opens I spend quite a bit of time at Woodburn. I just thought I might have met you there.

Paul
Hey Paul,

I'm just outside of Salem in Aumsville for the time being. I am in the process of moving over to the Bend area. I haven't had a chance to make it to too many Woodburn races:doh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts