Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2001 24 valve extra cab 4x4 short box. It has 200,000 miles on it. Everything on it works when I drove it. It is already straight piped so I am already pumped about that. The tires and brakes dont even have 5,000 miles on it. They are definatly highway tires to say the least. The guy is asking $7,000 for it, he is pretty gitty to sell it though so I am pretty sure that I would be able to talk him down a couple hundred dollars. What you guys think? Too many miles to mod?

Thanks Guys!
Autrey

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. 200k is nothing. Is there a fuel pressure gauge, and quality lift pump on it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no there isnt a fuel gauge, but i have the ones that i had on my old one too put on it asap. and yeah the pump seemed in good condition i couldnt find anything wrong with it.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Automatic trans? Power adders run on it? You can pay dearly for an auto rebuild, but you would still be ahead of the game for the price.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah it is an automatic unfortunatly. :( yeah i am thinking so too. now i just gotta get that damn stuff we call cash money. lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Definately buy it! Like Shainer said you would still be ahead of the game for that price. I just bought my 2001 2500 at a steal! Only $3500 for her and you can see only some of the mods on my sig. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts