Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 03 an it started messin up, i was changing my edge from stock to hot while my foot was in the fuel now when it idols it sounds like a little kubota tractor an it wont rev worth crap anyone kno what it might be???

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
did you get any codes?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep got about 8 codes... i'll put them on here in a little bit... but when it idols it comes out of it for a second im not sure if its in limp mode or what the deal is...... hope i didnt blow an injector but i figured it would pour the white smoke at idol if it did that

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
p0202 p0341 p0483 p2149 p0201 p0236 p2509 p2146

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i checked with an ohm meter an i have a bad injector has anyone changed these befor an is it a ?

·
Premium Member
27,656 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i put it back to stock an it still done it.... i checked the injector with a omh meter an it is bad.... any clue where i can get a cheap one for now bout to get bigger ones in the near future

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,249 Posts
like brian said, one single injector isnt going to do all that, even with the edge stock the ecm still passes through the box, unhook the box completely... mine did the same one time had to have it updated for a fix...

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I would totally disconnect the Edge and also unhook both batteries for about 30 minutes. See what happens then...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i disconected every thing injectors map an fuel put it back to stock the only thing i left hooked up was the data link so i'd still have my guages an i had the batteries unhooked overnight an it still did it!!!! so im guess'n its in the injectors. when it did idol it would come back to normal for a second then go back to run'n on five cylinders... I jus got a new box from edge cus my otherone was old.. ill try unhooking the data link an see what happens

1 - 12 of 12 Posts