Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and this may have already been answered but I have 2 questions for y'all. I just purchased a used 2016 ram 2500 and it has a programmer on it with a sotf switch on the dash (5 position) I am trying to figure out what one I have but I can't find the box or anything that the switch connects to I looked under dash and the wires from the switch go into the engine compartment and look like they go directly to a switch or probe on the engine. I know it has egr delete and def delete and idk what else trying to figure all this out.

Question 2 is it shifts really hard and I dont know if that's part of the aftermarket program or something wrong I've read a few posts about the transmission re learning everytime you use the sotf switch

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've circled where they are going

I'm not as worried about who tuned it as much as I am about being able to make adjustments to the tune ie turning off the hard shift option if it is an ez lynk. I have e done some research about the ez lynk ones and it seems I can connect my phone for more gauges and to make adjustments or am I mistaken.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dont I need to figure out what kind of tuner module I have as in what that sotf switch is connected to so I can find someone to send me tunes to upload into the system or am I going to have to find somebody in my local area that does tunes and mods to diesel trucks

·
Registered
8,740 Posts
Download EzLynk app. Turn WiFi on your phone to ON. Connect to device. Create account. Login.

Go to google. Find a tuner. Buy tunes. Go back to device. Add tuner to your account. Tunes will load for you to pick.

Enjoy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was hoping it was gonna be that easy I wish I would've just tried that or knew about it yesterday now I'm gonna from my truck for a few weeks so I'll have to wait to play with it until I get back .. with that being said how do you know that it's an ez lynk just for my info um trying to figure out as much as I can about what all was done to this truck. The reason I ask that is I dont see the ezlynk little box that should be plugged into the obdi port anywhere. Just the amp research running boards are plugged into the port and there is a box under the hood for the amp research stuff but dont see that ez lynk box.

So far I got def delete, egr delete, tuner, bumpers and lift with fox shocks, I think a front steering dampener also with fox shocks.... thanks for you time answering my question

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also any tuners that y'all would suggest I get tunes from especially since if I read it right there are some issues with getting off road tunes these days and being in alabama with no emissions testing or regs gotta find the good ones

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if I dont find the box mounted someplace can I get the $500 blank box or do I have to buy the $1200 one for the dodges?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts