Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sorry for that post, I was definitely on edge when I typed that. Things just keep piling up:confused013:. I checked for codes and didn't find any. I'm having a diesel mechanic look at the truck today:party018:. Once again I'm very sorry.:S:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
The fuel filter has to be full of fuel to get fuel to the injector pump.
It has a stand pipe with the hole near the top.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fuel filter has to be full of fuel to get fuel to the injector pump.
It has a stand pipe with the hole near the top.
Turns out I had a major air pocket in my fuel line. Too big for me to crank out without killing my batteries. Guy said it's from when I changed the fuel filter 500 miles and one tank of fuel ago.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
That wouldnt have happened from 500 miles ago. Did you airlock the pump at all? Example; hold your foot to the floor and abruptly let off? Because that can airlock the pump. Just curious thats all. Theres no reason you couldnt have gotten it out if you cracked your lines and cranked it over. But thats besides the point, glad you got it figured out. And you didnt go wasting 1k on something that wasnt broke. Not being a d!ck at all here but accept the help thats given here. It can save you money like it just did :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That wouldnt have happened from 500 miles ago. Did you airlock the pump at all? Example; hold your foot to the floor and abruptly let off? Because that can airlock the pump. Just curious thats all. Theres no reason you couldnt have gotten it out if you cracked your lines and cranked it over. But thats besides the point, glad you got it figured out. And you didnt go wasting 1k on something that wasnt broke. Not being a d!ck at all here but accept the help thats given here. It can save you money like it just did :)
I've abrubtly let off before but hadn't done it at this time. It started totally normal and then just died. I tried cranking it with the lines cracked but my batteries are tired, especially after this last time I changed the fuel filter. Guy was a diesel tech in the military and says that you shouldn't drain the canister completely because it can cause my problem. Maybe the air pocket hung out on top of my filter canister and then got sucked in somehow when I started it that day?:confused013: Just drove it 60 miles without a problem so him bleeding air out of the system worked. He checked the fuel lines and they were fine. I trust the guy because he works at the dealership my dad manages and wasn't looking to upsell. I literally just pulled into my driveway that evening and when I went to start it again it started and then died.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts