Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

something sounds loose....... 6 spd

731 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  dirty454
for all six speed owners, when i hit speed bumps or drive on a rough road i hear something in the front that sounds like its loose or rattling. It is the mounting thing that the 6 speeds have under the tranny- that little drop bracket lookin thing does this happen on all of the straight shifts or do i need to tighten somethin up its just really annoying...... help!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
minw does the same thing.....has since i bought the truck

· Registered
250 Posts
Mine also does it, i thought it was the steering box, but i don't know. I will figure it out though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

· Premium Member
1,302 Posts
check the shocks bolts prob. lose thats what it was on mine/

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i dont think its that i think its actually normal because it looks like the piece that rattles has to in order for the manual tranny maybe not though hopefully someone else will get us some info!

· Registered
250 Posts
Mine did the same thing........Turned out that I had sheered the bolts that go into the tranny on the crossmember

· Registered
250 Posts
I actually chased the rattle for about a month and never could find it until I installed my 5"tbe and looked at it and noticed something wasnt right

Wasnt bad at all just jack up the tranny drop the cross member and remove the mount, remove broke bolts from tranny, Mine were easy, bolts are hardened so drilling was kinda tough, got the replacement bolts from Autozone, cant remember the size right off the top of my head but bring 1 of the broke ones in and match them up and be sure they are 10.8 hardness or harder and reinstall

If that is infact your problem! LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.