Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

I've decided to take a different course with the truck. Currently the truck looks like this:

Although I think it looks good, I'm ready to try more of a nasty street look. So I'm removing the Bushwackers, N-Fabs, BMF's, Nitto Trail Grapplers and the Flaps.

Going to install factory flares painted to match of course. Power Boards as they hide well when not in use. (I've got kids.) I ordered 22" Centerline Forged Eclpise wheels. I ordered them polished instead of chrome as I think I'm going to paint them. Haven't decided if all black or a combo of some sort. I want to install the mesh grill insert off the half ton trucks. Finished debadging except for the Cummins emblem.

Ok what tires should I go with?
Let me know what you think?

Also all the componets I'm removing are for sale.
Last pic of the truck this way.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think it will look much better, it looks good now but I think it's a little to gobby. I would get a good 35 inch all terrain tire on those 22's it will look good!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Might be interested in the flaps if they are the no-drill type.

·
Registered
465 Posts
wow :shock: i like your truck the way it is but i can also see the need for change if you want it i would have just leveled your truck and been done with it i really like the work:thumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
PM me a price on the N-Fabs! Also there is a set of OEM flares for sale in the classifieds for only 200 bucks. It's a good deal...

I love your truck the way it is, I would of just done a Kore levelling kit and added 35's instead of reverse levelling and doing the 33's like you did.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes they are also for sale.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cedar Rapids, IA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes. Standard length, 13" wide with 1" hole shift. Perfect for covering 12.50 tires and trucks with flares.

Joel

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
I'd only ditch the tube steps... I have amp boards on both my trucks and I love them! I'd keep the rest as it is! So clean and sharp looking truck.

Question though... did you order the ST grill and bumpers and have them painted to match? I may be getting a laramie 3500 and I do not like chrome. I want everything painted or powder coated.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Man, from what I can see that is a killer shop you have. Just thought I would throw that out there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, I hope your paint isn't damaged underneath the flares. My paint was scuffed down to the primer under the flares on my old truck.

I love the look of your truck as is, but am looking forward to see what you come up with next time too.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I modified my flares to not use the rubber gasket. So there is no damage to the paint. I have already removed them. Paint is fine.

I liked the look also. But there are just a couple things I have to get out of my system with the new look. I should have just gone this route originally but wussed out. Cant wait though. It's still going to be a few weeks. Until then I have stock wheels and tires on the truck. It's looks like I cut it's balls off. LOL

I'm located in Cedar Rapids, IA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts