Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while I was at the local dealer setting up a service appointment for my hood badges that still leak I wondered past a fresh off the truck 3500 dully night edition and made the mistake of finding a salesman. I love my 19 and don't need a new truck but the numbers are lining up. They offered 60k trade and my build will be around 68k.
For those who have ordered how do they handle interest rate, incentives and trade value? Due to the length of time required to build one now I don't want to get stuck with a payment I didn't agree to. Thanks.

Reactions: RamGuy84

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
If you have to hold onto the trade until the new was is built and delivered I would bet they will no longer be offering you $60K on it. Prices on trades are creeping down now and 4 months from now will probably be significantly lower.

As far as discounts and incentives, I think you are eligible for what ever is available at the time your truck is delivered. With that said, even if you order one you should still be able to decline it if the numbers don't line up for you. Just because you order doesn't mean you are obligated to purchase from what I understand.

I haven't gone through the process myself but that's what I understood from talking to people that have/

Reactions: Flight medic

·
Registered
404 Posts
How my dealer did it was you put a nonrefundable deposit down of course, $500 to $1000. Then you lock in the current rebates or promotional financing at the time you order, plus if there are better incentives when it is delivered you get those instead.

I was getting invoice + rebates back then. Your deal is pretty much locked in when you order, with the chance of a little bit more knocked off when the truck comes in.

Though they didn't talk trades until the truck came in. If you can do without the truck and you like the deal you are getting, I am sure you could always turn the truck in at the time you order while waiting for your new truck to come in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should know the highest amount you would pay when you order the truck. If rebates come in, you’ll be able to apply those at time of delivery. Right now Mark Dodge in Louisiana is offering 5.5% under invoice (about 12-12.5% off MSRP). I think they’re also offering 60 day trade in as long as you keep the mileage under some number.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Read this thread. The gist is that two dealerships that we know of are selling 2022s for either 10-12% below MSRP or invoice MINUS holdbacks. Lots of info in there too regarding trades. Realize that there’s a big risk ordering a 2022 because your 2019 trade value is so high, because it may be 6 months before the 2022 shows up and by then the used market may completely invert. I’m doing it (2019 bought 12 months ago, 2022 on order) but it is a risk. Better would be getting something off the lot cause you capture the trade values of today, but unlikely the 2021 will be discounted if it’s actually on the lot.

·
Registered
2021, 2500 Bighorn Night Edition, 6.7, 4x4,Pedal Monster, RB 20 steps, diamondback atv cover
38 Posts
I was given a trade price and negotiated up on the trade and down on the new truck all before the truck came in. Put $1000 deposit down and got my truck when it arrived. Held true on all the trade/new vehicle pricing and I was out the door.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 3500, HO/Aisin, 4.10, DRW, CC, LB, 4x4, Laramie Longhorn
17 Posts
Talk you out of it? OK, wait for the new cab, and transmission, it's gonna be killer.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I have more reasons to not do it than do it. I have a Green sheet also so I will have to see what the dealer has to say today. The build website is glitchy and difficult to navigate yesterday.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
IMO, Truck prices are not going down, ever. Not with the direction this country is going (world even). not to mention I’m sure Ram could get used to this pricing.

I’d just keep the truck you have and stop looking. Well, actually I’d sell it and pay cash for a used older one. Car payments are not smart.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the lower trim levels crest the 100k mark in a year or two. They'll have to start offering some RV style 180 month financing to buy a truck to keep your monthly payments under your mortgage. (n)

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the lower trim levels crest the 100k mark in a year or two. They'll have to start offering some RV style 180 month financing to buy a truck to keep your monthly payments under your mortgage. (n)
Only if people keep paying it. If we stop, it won’t happen. Same goes for a lot of things sadly, but most people don’t care about the bigger picture :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
All costs are going up to build these trucks, it’s not just a greed thing. Vendors are charging more because they have to pay more for supplies/labor. Unions are going to be asking for a huge bump in pay during the next negotiations.

·
Registered
2021, 2500 Bighorn Night Edition, 6.7, 4x4,Pedal Monster, RB 20 steps, diamondback atv cover
38 Posts
And the value of the dollar going down.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would say if you do not do it now - you could be priced out of he market later. I do not see truck prices going down at this point. Why would they? They got people "use" to paying MSRP now so why lower prices.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I talked myself out of it. There is nothing wrong with my 19 and after 2 days of the dealer attempting to build a 22 that has a msrp of 82K I happily drove mine home. There are reasons to do it (CP4) but more reasons not to. Thanks to everyone for the input.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Smart choice I would wait until all this nonsense is over. No point in buying something half ass built due to everything going on. I traded my 19 for a 21 for the cp3 and the deal I got on my 19. Might have been my worst mistake. So far it's full of issues. Most can be contributed to being rush built. My opinion but take it for what it's worth.

EODT

·
Registered
80 Posts
So while I was at the local dealer setting up a service appointment for my hood badges that still leak I wondered past a fresh off the truck 3500 dully night edition and made the mistake of finding a salesman. I love my 19 and don't need a new truck but the numbers are lining up. They offered 60k trade and my build will be around 68k.
For those who have ordered how do they handle interest rate, incentives and trade value? Due to the length of time required to build one now I don't want to get stuck with a payment I didn't agree to. Thanks.
I'm kind of dealing with the same thing.....should I order a 2022 or wait to see if 2023 brings us a new transmission and cab? I dont really like having a dually now that I've owned it since May. I really love how the Hemi w/ the 8-speed drives. Do I get out of the dually while the value is still high or hold on to and see what 2023 brings?

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm kind of dealing with the same thing.....should I order a 2022 or wait to see if 2023 brings us a new transmission and cab? I dont really like having a dually now that I've owned it since May. I really love how the Hemi w/ the 8-speed drives. Do I get out of the dually while the value is still high or hold on to and see what 2023 brings?
i ordered a ‘22 mostly because i like to let other people sort out all the BS with new cab/tranny/ whatever else they change on new models. but that’s just my thoughts on it, there is the inflation which i understand why some people wouldn’t buy now. but u could get hit by a train tomorrow, might as well enjoy today..or October if i’m lucky lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts