Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had a little fun with a krylon can. what do you think ? i painted the grill ,the inserts around the fog lites and the plastic wheel well covers,also removed the rotted running boards. I'm debating on painting the cab and 3rd brake lights .wasn't the best day for taking the after pictures not much light.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been wanting to do this as well. What kind of paint? Think it will hold up with out fading?
it's krylon fusion made especially for plastic, should hold up pretty good.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you take the trim around the foglight out? lol

looks great!
bumper comes off for that job :CRY: i had lots of fun trying to realign it

·
Registered
54 Posts
I did mine also, I just painted the whole lower valance also.

It's holding up so far, the only spot it chipped was in the fog light hole where the plug rubbed it off.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did mine also, I just painted the whole lower valance also.

It's holding up so far, the only spot it chipped was in the fog light hole where the plug rubbed it off.
it's amazing what a 5 dollar can of paint can do, your truck looks killer good job :thumbsup

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks man, I was pretty pleased with it afterwards. The stock gray plastic looked so outdated. I did my old truck also, although it was red so I did the frontend in red also. I spray paint everything I can:D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Or, you could just buy the chinese bumper parts off ebay like I did and get the "black" look. :T:

Merrick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts