Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went and put in all new blue leds in the dash, and i no long have the directional arrows on the cluster, all other lights and indicators work...wtf? did i mess some bulbs up?

Next, i installed a row of chicken lights on either side of my truck today, and i wired them in to the tail lights via the loom going down the drivers side of the truck. had em all test, everything was good. they are runnin leds AND turn signals (two light brightnesses) what i didnt realize, is when i hit the brakes, they light up bright (damn one bulb tail lights) everything still functions, question is, where can i tap into a turn signal wire to make them work, and not go brite when i hit the brakes. This way i dont have my chicken lights go on during the day everytime i hit the brakes.

FYI the two problems are not related, noticed the signal arrows BEFORE i installed the leds. Thanks!!:thumbsup:

· Registered
800 Posts
Check everything over again on your cluster and make sure everything is how its supposed to be.

Use a test light or multimeter to find the signal wire it will be right with the one u tapped and got the brakes.

· Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check everything over again on your cluster and make sure everything is how its supposed to be.

Use a test light or multimeter to find the signal wire it will be right with the one u tapped and got the brakes.
yeah, im about to go check the guage again. and i used a test light to figure out the signals, problem is, the loom going back to the tail lights, the turn signal wire, is the same as the brake, cause its only one bulb per side. i need to know where to tap into before the signal/brake wire combine.

Does any one have the recon big rig lights? thats basically what i have, just home made, i need to install the same way the big rig lights are.:confused013:

· Registered
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
figured out the turn arrows, backward bulbs, forgot to check em :doh:

still cant figure out the turn signal wires

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.