Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Dodge Ram 2500, 1998 Mercedes SLK230, 2008 VW Bug
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Ram 2500 it has the 8.0 V10, I have these codes

P0743- TCC
P0500-VSS
P0152- 02 sensor
P1762

my question is, the valve body has been replaced, now I have these codes ( I need to delete and then see what pops up) but I finally got it all up and going, ) it was starting out in 2nd gear and always after starting it would shut back off) now it seems to need the TV cable adjustment, I did what I could but I am sure I need to play with it more to fine tune it, but inside the transmission and then outside ( the cable) is it necessary to adjust both ?? And the solenoid issue, I was advised to get the GM version but I am not sure what that part or item may be found at, also the ABS light is on and I replaced the rear sensor On the shaft so many times it doesn’t go away; is that something that has to be manually deleted or would it go away on it own if fixed ?? Now I purchased the truck starting off in 2nd and did all that work with the rebuilt valve body ( I think I was sent a pos power washed from a salvage and told it was refurb) so with that said, I shall pull the pan off again and replace them again or is there something else or a adjustment I need to start with ?? It does seem to shift and drive I had iton highway and city driving and no high rpm but yet it still seems it starts in 2nd but that could just be the TV cable needing more adjustment

·
Registered
18,321 Posts
This is a Cummins forum, just in case you didn't read the name. However, the free factory service manual has information on the lesser pickups that Dodge built.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts