Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Could be ur speed sensor causing the issue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s brand new also it doesn’t have any codes stored either but I’m wondering if the tps has anything to die with it as when it goes into O.D. it doesn’t stay locked up unless you stay in it.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Tps will cause the trans not to shift into over drive and lockup. As soon as u let off the throttle the converter will unlock thats just the way they are. But there is a way around it either a lockup switch or u can get rid of the tps altogether I did it on mine a few years ago.
So it hangs up in every gear?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Did you try adjusting the band?
It could also be in the valve body valve could be sticking for the 2-3 shift

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The band does control the 2-3 shift try adjusting band first its easy to do. Tighten to 72inch lbs back off 1 1/4 turns its on the outside of the trans on the driver side

Reactions: Roosterman94

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Thats cheap and clean for 3500 I wish I could find another one that cheap I paid 3000 for my 96 back in 2013 was the first auto trans I ever owned. I rebuild 47re and 48re on the side for a hobby. I use to have another 96 with a 5speed paid 4800 for that with only 170000 miles on it back in 2009 by sold it in 2012 what a mistake that was. I also have a 4th gen dually with a 6speed.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
interested to see

·
Registered
769 Posts
The 72 inch pounds then 1-1/4 turns off is lower than what I have read. There are actually a lot of suggestions for that and it varied by year. With a new-to-you truck, unless the PO knew and told you about a rebuild, it’s hard to say what is inside it without tearing it down, and even that it would take experienced eyes. Lots put later year parts in them to make them stronger.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
It might be in the valve body since 2nd to 3rd is hydraulically shifted mostly.

·
Banned
33 Posts

That one is for a 24v but theres others w/ the 12v that are doing the same thing.

Ive watched a few dif ones regarding doing this not sure how or why it would affect anything but some electrical signal bs or something. Might wana give it a look for shets and giggles

·
Banned
33 Posts
Not sure where ur from but if u ever consider parting that truck out im very interested in that front bumper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts