Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone recommend a good shop in the orange county area.....or relatively close? My stocker needs some 'freshening'.... :confused013:

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I am wondering if anyone has actually gone to them and if they are knowledgeable and have good prices...

· Registered
2,164 Posts
They are a good shop. Or you can check out Bellflower Transmission on Bellflower Blvd. Larry is very knowledgeable and honest. Also is an ATS dealer in case your interested.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there any DTT or HTS or Goerend shops around????

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OC Diesel? They should call it "No C" Diesel....

BD trans with billet input and torque converter......5140 plus tax and shipping... Might as well go Goerend....

· Registered
4,129 Posts
We are south of Fresno in a small town called Riverdale. Give us a call if you'd like.
I will have to agree to that,since I have there built trannyGoerend tranny with about everything done to it.Customer service is great and they know their chit when it comes to Diesels.

Thats why they hold the world record highest hp CR truck on fuel only.

· Registered
15 Posts
i know the guys at Orange County Diesel very well and they truely know their schit.... all the work that comes out there is top top notch... I would highly recommend them... and just cuz you see a price posted online, doesnt mean thats what you'll pay in person, and their labor rate is reasonable... speaking of which, I will be stopping in to see them next week on my way down

with that said, have you considered at ATS tranny? they come with 5yr/500k warranty and are bulletproof... the best part being is they come complete so you can change it out in your driveway

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The price I was quoted was not a website price. I called and talked with one of the guys at OCdiesel.... He seemed like I was wasting his time, asking specific questions on mfg., lead times, how long they would need the truck....

I actually got a hold of Mike at Inglewood transmission. We talked on the phone for close to 45 minutes. He went over everything in detail.....so far, that is who I am going with. I would love to deal with Brown's diesel, but it's just too far away to be convenient for me.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm in the market for some freshening up of the trans also. Who's parts does Mike at Inglwood Trans install. Goerend, DTT, HTS?

· Registered
1,068 Posts
The price I was quoted was not a website price. I called and talked with one of the guys at OCdiesel.... He seemed like I was wasting his time, asking specific questions on mfg., lead times, how long they would need the truck....

I actually got a hold of Mike at Inglewood transmission. We talked on the phone for close to 45 minutes. He went over everything in detail.....so far, that is who I am going with. I would love to deal with Brown's diesel, but it's just too far away to be convenient for me.
I was going to recommend Mike to you as I was reading this thread. He went thru my ats pos and rebuilt it. I had under 5K miles on ats's and burnt up their clutch pac, vb went bad, co-pilot replaced and that was with a bdpmt w/cl.

Mike set me up and haven't had a problem since...3k+ with the mods I have now.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent. I was waiting for someone that has dealt with him and dodge trannies before. I know he is renowned for his Allison experience, but wasn't sure about his 48re knowledge. After Craig at Big Power Diesel recommended him.....and talking with him, it seems like he will do a great job.....

· Registered
104 Posts
I am having a modified valve body and a shift kit put in my truck over at Inglewood Transmission. I talked to Mike for like an hour and a half...he is a very cool guy. Has a lot of knowlegde on transmissions. Luckily my shop I work in is just down the street.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
I am having a modified valve body and a shift kit put in my truck over at Inglewood Transmission. I talked to Mike for like an hour and a half...he is a very cool guy. Has a lot of knowlegde on transmissions. Luckily my shop I work in is just down the street.
What about the tq conv.?? I have a new billet 3disc still sitting in the box on my garage floor....

· Registered
528 Posts
Trans shop

Inglewood transmission Service your high performance Diesel headquarters 500 S Raymond Unit J Fullerton Ca Mike Lovrich Owner 714-870-7300 Had my trans shipped-from Suncoast and he installed it! He also is a rep for Suncoast and ATS He's the best with in 200 miles! All the rest are second best! :thumbsup: :flag1::flag::usa:

· Registered
104 Posts
What about the tq conv.?? I have a new billet 3disc still sitting in the box on my garage floor....
Mike told me my torque converter is in great condition. No need to spend that money right now. Maybe later though once I add some power.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got my rig back from Mike at Inglewood today. Feels a TON better than before. I had him put in a transgo VB kit, a precision triple disc converter, a billet input, BD flexplate, and the PATC GM governor solenoid conversion. Had it all completed in less than a day. He had to replace the direct clutches in the front drum too. Great service, and Mike seems like a genuinely nice guy. I'll report back in a few months on how the trans has worked. I'll be pulling about 10k next weekend, so that will definitely show me the difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.