Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I had just replaced my IP and LP and installed Vulcan big line kit about 2 weeks ago for a dead pedal and 216 code. Ran great, now its starting to act up again. Mostly happens first thing in the morning or a long hot soak, pedal goes dead. Doesnt do it as much or at all once its hot that I have noticed. Could it be faulty electronics on the new IP. Bought it from midwest FI, anyone had problems with these? Have not cleared the old codes yet. will do that and drive to see if they come back. Could it be the Edge EZ goin bad? Seems electrical to me since tempurature as a big factor in it.
Thanks, Scott

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Need to add your signature so we know what year Ram you have, you will get more specific help this way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I guess more info would help out alot. Its a 2001 QC 6spd HO. Im tryin to setup the sig but its not working. Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there it is

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unplugged the Edge box thinking that might have been the culprit. No luck though, still does it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cleared codes from last pump failure, drove around tonight. retested for codes 216 came back. what could it be? another pump? a member on here had the same problem it turned out to be the actual injection pump gear and keyway had gotten messed up during the install. is that common?
Thanks in advance,

Scott

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Not a normal thing, no. Now, if the key dropped out, and you didn't realize it, the pump may have slipped time. I would grab a mirror and flashlight and look in through the front cover and verify that the key is in the keyway.

From there, what LP did you go with? Stock replacement? I hope not, cause you may have toasted it again.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Be specific about the fuel upgrades you have made, the more info we have the better. The VP electronics are known to be affected by heat as they sit in the pocket on top of the housing. I would think that if a connection is going south, the supplier would give you another unit under warranty. I know you have just paid for this same repair, but BE NICE. explain what you had done to the truck, what is happening and what you would like them to do (give you another IP) and they will most likely send it your way. Have the serial number handy when you call so they know you are dealing with one of their pumps. I've heard of guys trying to get a pump for a buddy under warranty (buy one get one) but I'm not even suggesting thats the case here, just offering that if you give them the serial number they will have faith in dealing with you. I have gotten a lot of warranty repairs done for my truck because I didn't yell at the guys at the counter. Good Luck... Chris

·
Registered
470 Posts
Midwest Fuel Injection has quality pumps and good customer service. Call them and explain your problem, be nice getting mad won't help. I bet they will help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts