Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am debating thying the amsol bypass setup and going synthetic oil what is the most you can go on this stuff safely and is it really worth the cost?

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have the FS2500 on my truck ,,,not sure how much of a difference it makes but i'm sure it helps..When i do my next oil change i'll know more cause its my first oil change since i removed the EGR system

·
Registered
510 Posts
i am debating thying the amsol bypass setup and going synthetic oil what is the most you can go on this stuff safely and is it really worth the cost?
I have one on my truck. Time will tell if it is really worth the cost. I feel that it will be. The factory oil filter filters down to about 35 microns. The Amsoil filter claims 2 microns.

If you do install, make a couple short trips and make sure to check the tightness of connections. I had one loosen up, and make a hell of a mess.

When I was at the dealership getting the latest flash, the tech and the service writer "recommended that I take it off, so my warranty would not be voided."

I have also installed one on my Welding Machine. It lives a tougher life than my truck. I have been happy so far.

-Rhyno

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
the dang oil bypass they say even voids warranty what the Hell?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oil

yeah but no info on how long between oil changes i thought i seen on there like 25000 miles with regular driving ?
i guess i must have a decent service department i asked them about that and they said no problem

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Yes you can go 30k without an oil change. Typically you take a sample at 15k, send it off for analysis and change just the filters at that time. The analysis will come back letting you know what your oil life is expected to be. I just installed mine about 1000 miles ago. In about 8 months i will do the first analysis. I think the set up is well worth it.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The service writer was a real putz! I can only assume that saying with a sense of authority "ANY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING ADD-ONS COULD VOID THE WARRANTY. If I were you, I'd take it off!" boosts his self-esteem.

I wanted to educate him, but chose to just keep my mouth shut.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Well they have not voided mine.

I have been to 2 differant dealers with it.:T: :thumbsup

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the Amsoil on mine. I think it is a wise investment with the extra soot the emission crap makes.

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
An AMSOIL bypass system will not void warranty. Sounds like that service writer needs to buy a clue. It isn't a performance enhancing device, it is an engine protection device. Many Cummins and other medium and heavy duty diesel engines come factory with bypass filtration. If a dealership has anything to say about a bypass system, it should be a Thank You note!

I run 15k, change filters, then 15k more on my 2002. 30K miles intervals, better engine protection, less downtime, and money definately saved. The three most popular bypass systems are the AMSOIL BMK systems rated to 2.0 micron at 98.7% efficiency, the FS2500 system rated at 2.78 micron at 98.7% efficiency, and the Frantz toilet paper system. A search would yield you info on these systems in some good threads we've had on Cummins Forum.

-Chuck

·
Registered
80 Posts
Chuck can you send me a private mail on a price for the bypass system for my truck in my sig.
Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts