Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like the title states:

i've had my EGR unplugged for a while now, but have to take the truck to the stealership to get my console replaced and would like to have the code cleared before taking it in on Wednesday. i don't want to give them any reason to and moan about me doing that. (eventually i will be doing the deletes and have a mini maxx)

also, i would like to either partially debadge or fully debadge the truck. what are some tips/tricks that you all use to do so. and if you have any pics of yours or others debadged post em up!

thanks,

-John

·
Registered
291 Posts
Plug it back in but I believe the star scan will still show them that it wasn't working. They may try to tell you a new egr is needed.

I've debugged two rams. Best way for me was use fishing line like a saw to cut the badge off the panel. Then get one of those eraser wheels for you drill from a local body shop supplier and let er have it. Seems archaic but the eraser wheel does a good job with no damage. Scared the s**t out me the first time but it doesn't hurt the finish. The dodge 2500 badge on the door is actually 2 badges. good luck

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts

Removed my RAM 2500 badges with a heat gun, plastic puddy knife and a eraser whell on a drill..worked great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Once you plug the egr back in the light should go out after 5 or so starts.

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the awesome advice guys!!

i've plugged it in earlier today, and don't take it in til Wed. morning so i should have plenty of starts before then. if anything, i guess i could take it to Vatozone and have them clear it. i will try the fishing line and drill technique tomorrow and post up some pics.

thanks again,

John

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,393 Posts
Once you plug the egr back in the light should go out after 5 or so starts.
The light may go out, but the code will still be there. But no biggy. If they are not interrogating the ECU, they wont see it and if they do, they may just replace your EGR valve.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i mainly just want the light to go out, so they shouldn't have a reason to look into to anything.

plus, i can use my remote start again. it works now, but only runs for about 15 seconds or so then shuts off.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
yeah i mainly just want the light to go out, so they shouldn't have a reason to look into to anything.

plus, i can use my remote start again. it works now, but only runs for about 15 seconds or so then shuts off.
You should just put a plate under the EGR so that you can leave it plugged in.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You should just put a plate under the EGR so that you can leave it plugged in.
TRUCK WILL GO ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!!!!! You will throw more codes doing this than if you were to just unplug it. You will get EGR flow rate codes, temp codes all kinds of headache. Tried this on my 08, when everyone was trouble shooting on different ways to delete the EGR and go code free. I promise the truck will NOT like it!!!

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
Check out some of my old posts i made a how to video i think it might be in tips tricks and technical data

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AlRight so I have driven it several times since I plugged the EGR back in. The CEL is still there, so I just wentto Advance Autoparts and the guy let me use the scanner to clear the codes. Well it cleared for about 10 seconds and came back, so what's the deal?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
AlRight so I have driven it several times since I plugged the EGR back in. The CEL is still there, so I just wentto Advance Autoparts and the guy let me use the scanner to clear the codes. Well it cleared for about 10 seconds and came back, so what's the deal?
What code came back?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure, it happened as I was pulling out. I'm on my way to another store to check it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
P2BAC

That's the code??

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I cleared that one also and it seems to be staying cleared for now. It's only been like 5 min but I will post if it comes back.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quick update:
It seems to be going good, no codes!

I got my eraser wheel today, but have to get some stronger fishing li e mine kept snapping. One more question, Goo Gone is safe to use on my truck for clean up right? "Goo Gone Extreme Remover" it's a little $2 can I'm just gonna get that.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Quick update:
It seems to be going good, no codes!

I got my eraser wheel today, but have to get some stronger fishing li e mine kept snapping. One more question, Goo Gone is safe to use on my truck for clean up right? "Goo Gone Extreme Remover" it's a little $2 can I'm just gonna get that.
I have used the regular goo gone on paint, but not the xtreme. I would test it on an old car door or something before I would use it. I had no idea goo gone made so many products..........Goo Gone Cleaners |

1 - 20 of 21 Posts