Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the 6.7s have been out for awhile now. So there should be quite a few trucks above the 100k mark. What kind of stuff is needing to be replaced along the way. Lets hear it.

·
Registered
417 Posts
tires; break pads; I got a new turbo charger at 95,000. I am at 100,500 now. The leather on the steering wheel. Wind shield is broken. I love my truck.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Did a set of front wheel bearings and ball joints on a 2009 2500 yesterday with 90,000kms(55,000 Miles). Fun times getting the hubs apart. He has also done the clutch at 50,000 miles, truck is all stock except for deleted DPF. Brakes were 10% remaining so he made appt. next thursday for that( has to make a few bucks first.

·
Unreconstructed
6,478 Posts
Where my drag-link meets the tie-rod...That joint right there is toast. My truck has under 40,000 miles. Someting doesn't seem right.

Has Dodge issues any recalls concerning this???

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where my drag-link meets the tie-rod...That joint right there is toast. My truck has under 40,000 miles. Someting doesn't seem right.

Has Dodge issues any recalls concerning this???
Ya its not related to driving habits or the tires and lift :rof

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
My water pump crapped the bed @ 32,500 miles even. Batteries this winter, but my Espar didn't help that.

·
Premium Member
7,027 Posts
So the 6.7s have been out for awhile now. So there should be quite a few trucks above the 100k mark. What kind of stuff is needing to be replaced along the way. Lets hear it.
Mine has a serious tire issue. It seems to wear them out like really fast.:hehe:

·
Premium Member
11,945 Posts
radiator at 54k. shroud rubbed a hole in it :doh:

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
Front brakes at 67000, batteries at 81000 miles. Put on a new serpentine belt just because it was only $50 bucks.

·
Registered
619 Posts
86k and I've replaced the rear driveshaft ujoint, 2 rear pinion seals, 1 rear main seal when the clutch was coming out, clutch due to tuner, batteries, tires at 40k, TIPM. Other than that just maintenance. Owned since new.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
with 52K I am on my 3rd set of tires 25K for first set of toyos (shop insisted I run them at 60 PSI and wore the centers out) Second set got clost to that but were MT's so not bad and now back to the AT's. Had to replace the brake pads at 45K but they were about 30.00

·
Registered
97 Posts
Crossed 89k on mine yesterday. Full stock except for the EGR being unplugged.

Had turbo replaced at 36k, front axle U-joints replaced at 75k. Just purchased her 3rd set of tires (got 48 from stock BFG, 40 from Nitto Duras). After that just regular maintenance. I follow the book to a T.

I do have two leaks. The seal where my rear driveshaft goes into the differential is leaking as is something around my oil pan. My pressure is on the low end of the "fake" guage but there is also oil just above the drain pain. Was actually about to create a thread and post a pic on it.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so all in all not to much, anyone had to replace ball joints and TREs yet?

·
HATED...
511 Posts
I'm at 140k and I have had...

Rear most ujoint at 15k

Both front axle u joints around 90k

One set of batteries 100k

Head gasket 140k

Fuel pump 60k

Broken front driveshaft 110k

New tie rod and drag link 60k

My HVAC system has not worked properly since 100k

Water pump 120k

Think I'm due for brakes all around 140k

I'm also due for shocks all around 140k

Steering wheel looks like , wore out bad, 140k

Driver seat starting to wear thin 140k

I don't like my truck any more. :confused013:

My 2000 Chevy 2500 went 200k with only brakes and two fuel pumps... :stirpot:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm at 140k and I have had...

Both front axle u joints around 90k

do you use 4wd a lot?
Head gasket 140k

Broken front driveshaft 110kwhat in the world were you doing to break your front ds?

New tie rod and drag link 60kWhen did you start running 37'' tires?

Steering wheel looks like , wore out bad, 140kI think they make a rewrap kit for pretty cheap at genos garage

I don't like my truck any more. :confused013:
I put my questions in red.

·
HATED...
511 Posts
I put my questions in red.
I use 4x4 mostly in the snowy days. Every now n then when I get er stuck in the mud.

I think I cracked the driveshaft when I buried my goosneck that was loaded a little heavy. It "popped" the very next time I used it.

I'v been on 37s since 40k

I'll probably just replace the steering wheel this year..

I'm not easy on trucks plus I drive 140 miles a day for work so I test the :horse: out of it hahaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts