Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

so much for keeping the truck stock..

1809 Views 46 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  STRAIGHT6BEAST
yup that's right, edge juice w/ attitude tomorrow :party018: . My question is, what setting should I run it on and still keep my tranny in one piece?? Should i run it on the highest one and keep my foot out of the skinny pedel? Also what about when I tow my stock trailer?
Thanks
also I'm not gunna even turn on the juice till I get a good lift pump.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
164 Posts
I don't have the edge yet but I have been told not to go past the #3 setting or your tranny won't like you...not sure on the towing aspect of it....and yes I agree as tempting as it will be don't hit the juice until the FASS or DOG are in place. Have fun

· Registered
274 Posts
My friend Hot Rod Rancher has the juice, doesnt have a airdog or fass just some other kind of pump he got from O'reillys and he runs his on level five when hes pullin, cruisin. He has 20 psi at idle and 12 at WOT. He has the hot unlock, so he just tuned his level 5 setting down so it wont hurt anything, and he gets the good timing, and with good timing he gets better milage. Just thought i would throw that idea out there for ya guys.

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Man, get an Air Dog 150 in there ASAP, keep the Juice on level one to you do, or you could very easily say good bye to the stocker lift pump and that risks your VP44, not a cheap fix.

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys another quick question. The guy i'm buying the chip from took it off of his 01' truck...mines a 00'. is there an adapter i need to buy or something??

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Yeah, you gotta buy an adapter for it.

· On call 24/7
13,768 Posts
Have you got this thing on yet?

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hopefully today or tomorrow :party018: it just depends when the guy can get off work to install it.
Anyways I got the whole edge year model worked out. Well my friend has an edge comp sitting in his truck but it's fits 98-00 and the guy i'm buying the edge from fits 01-02'. My friends truck is a 02' so we're just gunna trade. works out perfect. Will the attitude fit even though its for a 00' though??

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
another question...will the attitude off his 01' fit my 00' because I know the edge won't....and also my friend let me have his edge that fits a 98-00' and I'm gunna give him the one that I'm buying from the guy..

· On call 24/7
13,768 Posts
I called edge and they said a 01 comp wont work on a 00 truck do to different volts or something, best thing is to give edge a call.

· Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok I think I'm just gunna buy the edge comp from my friend and then buy some gauges maybe glowshift..
this sucks.

· Registered
2,391 Posts
It's not really that difficult. Just send it in, and they'll update the software to your year, and change out the harness. It shouldn't be too costly either :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,391 Posts
Oh. My bad. I didn't realize that it was that expensive.

Your best bet, unless you can pick that J/A up for DIRT cheap, will be to find one for your year. Check the classifieds. IIRC, mathews8pt has one for sale.

· Registered
598 Posts
My friend Hot Rod Rancher has the juice, doesnt have a airdog or fass just some other kind of pump he got from O'reillys and he runs his on level five when hes pullin, cruisin. He has 20 psi at idle and 12 at WOT. He has the hot unlock, so he just tuned his level 5 setting down so it wont hurt anything, and he gets the good timing, and with good timing he gets better milage. Just thought i would throw that idea out there for ya guys.
I tow every week...and never tow on anything higher than 3x3 on my edge...don't feel like replacing the turbo cause i burned it up from high EGT's but that's just my .02...

spending the money on a FASS 150/150 or AirDog 150 will get you pure fuel (no air entrained) to your VP...which means better power...better mileage...I love mine...I get 1-2mpg's after adding mine....and no worries about FP...plus it will handle all my upcoming upgrades with ease.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.