Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hate to see you go. I have grown up a Chevy guy, but I will never get a newer chevy truck. Gasser, or Dirty max. Their front ends are weak. After my Cummins, never gasser work truck again. My 99 is even better than sliced bread. (lol) I think we'll see you back sooner than you think. Nevertheless, take care, and good luck.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
:agree2:
We all hate to see you go, we hope you are making a good decision.
I was a true Blue Ford man for over 20 years a 79 and an 88 F250's with 460's and the never fail C6. But I will never go back to a Gasser, nor a Ford. The interior on my 01 Dodge with 240,000 miles looks far better than my Ford did with 148,000 miles.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
good luck, hope things look up in the future for you

·
Registered
18,411 Posts
That is fine, someone else will love your truck. Enjoy the low independent suspension, tune ups, and 8-10 MPG.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guys of all the things to pick on the chevy about, you should make the front ends the last thing.... LOL that front end on the Chevy is light years beyond any of these trucks stock for stock. not even in the same league.

But, being one who just sold his 2007 Duramax LBZ for this 99 i have, I do like my Cummins... but, the front end is wearing my wallet out. Quickly. that's why I got a chuckle out of the front end jabs at the Chevy.... LOL

·
"I'll go all in."
3,079 Posts
Well, its not like the chevy is known for having a weak front end for no reason... we didn't just make it up.:confused013:

Sometimes people get a bad truck, or maybe your trucks previous owner didn't take care of it... I don't know... but I do know that if I want a truck to take off-road on a regular basis and/or have larger tires... it be a solid axle, not IFS. My front end on my 02 held up to 315s and a ton of abuse on stock components and at one point no steering stabilizer... I didn't have a single issue with my front end.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well it only took this long and im back

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That dident take long, what happened?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
i was tired of having no power in the gas truck. a 2nd gen 24 valve is the way to go.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I don't get it either???
Gassers don't get near the mileage for the power as a Diesel! Mine gets 20 hiway, 15 city, and about 13 pulling a 8,000# 5th. get a gasser to do that.
I hate to say we told you so, experience is a personal thing I guess!

Welcome Back!!

There is nothing like the smell of Diesel in the morning, nor the rattle of a 24v Cummins!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Wow! saw this topic and he was gone and back before I could read it all. Kinda like the saying ....I quit drinking and it was the worst 20 minutes of my life!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Not to be a downer or anything, but if your trading your cummins out for a gasoline powered GMC that is sitting on 35's you are going to pay more for fuel in the long run. Hope you change your mind, or get a duramax at least (yea i said it).
Forget duralemons, I came to cummins after having an '05 LLY drain my wallet, had it for 9months...

i was tired of having no power in the gas truck. a 2nd gen 24 valve is the way to go.
:agree2:

Wow! saw this topic and he was gone and back before I could read it all. Kinda like the saying ....I quit drinking and it was the worst 20 minutes of my life!
HAHAHHAHA

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
well at least i know now. Also the trade allowed me to actually trade up from my origional cummins to this fully billet auto.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There is nothing like the smell of Diesel in the morning, nor the rattle of a 24v Cummins![/QUOTE]

And that injector pump knock!

·
Just Another Slow VP
4,471 Posts
wow like said before, ya were gone and back before i read the whole thread. haha

welcome back and dont scare us like that again!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts