Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got nothing for fuel or oil psi but when i unplug the sensors from the juice it shows 33psi for fuel and 99psi for oil but then the check gauge lights come on in the dash where ar what could cause this problem thanks

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude trying to figure some things out but ya ill try

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
The thing is we use prior posts to follow what you are doing. Every time you break that with a new thread we loose the past history. I was trying to help you all the way back to your smoke switch thread... which by the way you seem to have contradicted yourself regarding your dash oil pressure gauge function...

So which thread are you going to stick with so we can get you squared away?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shainer, maybe you just keep giving him such crappy answers he has to start a new thread so he doesn't have to look at it :hehe::hehe:

Seriously though, stick w/ one thread so we all can learn from what you're doing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well lets stick with this on and no this has been going on for a while even before i put the smoke swich in my truck

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey shainer, if you dont mind could you do me a favor. i was wondering since youve got the same chip as i do, what happens if you unplug your fuel sensor and oil sensor, it should read 0 psi on bolth right?

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
Shainer, maybe you just keep giving him such crappy answers he has to start a new thread so he doesn't have to look at it :hehe::hehe:

Seriously though, stick w/ one thread so we all can learn from what you're doing. :thumbsup:
Ah the funny guy found the thread!!! :hehe: Ok, lets see if we can get to the bottom of this. :thumbsup:

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
I get the same results you have, which is expected because we are looking at analog signals... so we just tossed infinite resistance at it, and it shows the maximum value. Let’s back up, and start at the beginning. It may be painful but problems are usually solved with the basics.

With everything connected does your factory oil pressure gauge work?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No well i dont think so cause if i turn my key to on with out starting the truck it shows 300 psi and ya 300 psi, then start the truck it doesnt move. tomorow im gonna swap oil pressur sensor with some guys truck to see if its my sensor.

·
Rescue Tower
10,827 Posts
No well i dont think so cause if i turn my key to on with out starting the truck it shows 300 psi and ya 300 psi, then start the truck it doesnt move. tomorow im gonna swap oil pressur sensor with some guys truck to see if its my sensor.
Ok. Yeah, we only care about what it shows while the engine is running. If it doesn’t' register anything than your sending unit died. Get one from Cummins or where ever you can get one from up there. This probably means that you are not getting any fuel pressure either so get that lift pump on there. I would not drive it until you get that completed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts