Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
man i dont know much about offroad stuff, but i will say you just got a heII of a deal on that rig, if the miles are right,,especially in texas,:thumbsup good find

·
Registered
213 Posts
Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's, Toyo MT's!!!!!:thumbsup

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts
So Kraig........how do you feel about the Toyo MT's ?:lol3:

·
Registered
213 Posts
So Kraig........how do you feel about the Toyo MT's ?:lol3:
Uhhh, can take 'em or leave'em? :lol3: All joking aside-a great off-road/all weather tire with an E-rating! How do you beat that? A little spendy but I love mine so far!:beer

·
Registered
213 Posts
so, guess ill be researching that tire... whats it called again?
:lol3: you'll like em alot! And no, I don't sell them for a living. Also, congrats on your new purchase...you'll LOVE it:thumbsup

·
HI
3,444 Posts
congrats on the new rig. oh and:welcome:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A is what i had on my old truck. 2001 dodge ram with the 5.9 V8 gashog. got about 9 miles a gallon Highway. it was great :D
what size should i put on my new beast though. i want something thatll look good, like some 30-32in tires. but whats that in that crazy tire speak sizes. 245-265ish and some other number in the middle, then 16. anyone wanna break that tire language for me? :D

·
Registered
661 Posts
dont mean steal you thread but my hood is doing the same thing. the clear coat is kinda flaking/bubbling off. anybody now a quick fix to it. other than that it looks like it will be a good truck!! congrats!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
there is a ton of threads on here about tires and pics also just do a search after you see how good 35" or 315's look on these trucks you may want to put a leveling kit on and go that big.

·
Registered
427 Posts
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A is what i had on my old truck. 2001 dodge ram with the 5.9 V8 gashog. got about 9 miles a gallon Highway. it was great :D
what size should i put on my new beast though. i want something thatll look good, like some 30-32in tires. but whats that in that crazy tire speak sizes. 245-265ish and some other number in the middle, then 16. anyone wanna break that tire language for me? :D
Here ya go Kloned:

You don't want to go too big with that low geared rear end. 265's will be good.

16 is the size of your wheel
75 is your aspect ratio (75% of the width is your height)
265 is the width of your tire.

3:55's are good for mileage but not for towing. Stick with a nice 265/75/16 and your truck will look beefy(ish) and still get decent mileage as your gearing will still be able to turn rubber that size.

Toyo MT's get good reviews as do the Dick Cepek Fun Country. Remember that a mud tire will look cool and be great in..well...mud. If you get any kind of snow and ice, they will suck big time. It depends on what kind of weather you get in your neck of the woods.

If you pull a heavy trailer or load up the bed of your truck, you'll want to stick with a "E" or 10 ply tire. This is basically how many plys are on the carcass of the tire. More plys = a stonger tire that will resist the squish factor. Otherwise, you can go with a "D" or 8 ply tire which will still do fairly heavy loads. More M/T's you will find will be 8 ply. Again, it depends what you want to do with your truck. I think the Toyo M/T's are 10 ply but I'm not sure about the DC's.

Hope this helped clear things up for you.:thumbsup

Very nice truck BTW. Congrats!!!:hyper:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you sir, are my new hero. thanks ;-)

Here ya go Kloned:

You don't want to go too big with that low geared rear end. 265's will be good.

16 is the size of your wheel
75 is your aspect ratio (75% of the width is your height)
265 is the width of your tire.

3:55's are good for mileage but not for towing. Stick with a nice 265/75/16 and your truck will look beefy(ish) and still get decent mileage as your gearing will still be able to turn rubber that size.

Toyo MT's get good reviews as do the Dick Cepek Fun Country. Remember that a mud tire will look cool and be great in..well...mud. If you get any kind of snow and ice, they will suck big time. It depends on what kind of weather you get in your neck of the woods.

If you pull a heavy trailer or load up the bed of your truck, you'll want to stick with a "E" or 10 ply tire. This is basically how many plys are on the carcass of the tire. More plys = a stonger tire that will resist the squish factor. Otherwise, you can go with a "D" or 8 ply tire which will still do fairly heavy loads. More M/T's you will find will be 8 ply. Again, it depends what you want to do with your truck. I think the Toyo M/T's are 10 ply but I'm not sure about the DC's.

Hope this helped clear things up for you.:thumbsup

Very nice truck BTW. Congrats!!!:hyper:

·
Registered
861 Posts
the terra grappler is a great tire also

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm new here, but I just traded my 2002 4x4,cummins 5.9, auto for a 2004 3500 4x4 (single back wheels). My 2002 had a 2" front level kit and I had 305/70/16 bfg mt's. I think the load range was rated D, I drove it to Fla. this past summer and got 19mpg. This new truck has 285/70/17 toyo open country at's. I was wondering if i can get 285/75/17 without a front level kit. oh yea I had about 38000 miles on the bfg's with about 25% tread left.

·
Diesel-less
4,271 Posts
Kloned, does that guy have some nice trucks out there? Been looking at a few he listed on eBay and tried to talk with him but he won't take in my Hemi as a trade :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts