Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
Eric Peterson did it right, and he described what all it took in detail, somewhere here on CF.
And it sure wasn't cheap. But the tires themselves were, compared to everything else that had to be done.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
if i was to order wheels for a dually i'd get 8s maybe 8.5 if they make em

·
Registered
28 Posts
One duplex on with the same weight capacity stays in balance better than duals and there are only two sideways versus four - they ride smoother.

·
Registered
12,814 Posts
if i was to order wheels for a dually i'd get 8s maybe 8.5 if they make em
8.5 is the minimum approved width for that size, and could be a bit of a wobbly ride with the fronts on such a narrow rim.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Look at Interco tires that can work as duplex on a 12" rim. One tire instead of two with the same weight capacity. Air pressure I believe is 65 psi (I'd have to go check on the truck). I run standard width P tires on the front with >10% higher weight rating - the P tires provides a superior ride.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
Look at Interco tires that can work as duplex on a 12" rim. One tire instead of two with the same weight capacity. Air pressure I believe is 65 psi (I'd have to go check on the truck). I run standard width P tires on the front with >10% higher weight rating - the P tires provides a superior ride.
They would. P's are what's on our Honda Pilot.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts