Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody familiar with the sulastic shackles for a smoother ride on the 2018 3500 dually?

·
On call 24/7
12,392 Posts
Search around here a bit. Another member did just this a few weeks ago and was very disappointed with the results.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Springs and shocks are the problem. Put Carli 2.5” (level) or Thuren 0.5, 1.75, or 2.25” coils in the front. Run a Fox 2.0 shock from either company with their coils. Cheapest mod for the back is a overload leaf flip and block from TGC and Fox 2.0. Better is a Carli mini pack and block to replace the overload leaf. Best is a custom Atlas or Deaver spring pack. Use a long travel air bag with daystar cradle. Or Sumo springs extended bump stops. All these suggestions need a 2.0 Fox at the minimum.
This post is a few months old so if you’ve done something let us know how it worked.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I ran Thuren springs (0.5”) and Fox 2.0 shocks on my 16 3500. Smoothed it out a bit. Running slightly lower pressures in the tires helps a lot too.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My Thuren 1.75" coils and Fox 2.0 made a huge difference in ride. For a dually I would probably go with the .5 coils from Thuren.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Kelderman 2 stage air bag system provides an incredible ride compared to stock springs.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Smoother ride
Anybody familiar with the sulastic shackles for a smoother ride on the 2018 3500 dually?

What tire pressure are you running?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts