Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in need of big help here, im getting my check gauges light on and my voltage drops out , i checked under the hood and it looked likethe positive terminal on the battery on the passenger side had arced due to a loose connection. after checking my driver side battery it was completly shot and than noticed smoking coming from the heater grid. there was power constantly going to the grid causing it to heat up extremly and even the intake tube. i took the power wire off the battery and obv doesnt heat up , is there a relay shorted out or is it the crappy battery causing everything. went for a drive after leaving the relays disconnected and the check gauges light still came on so i turned around and went home . i really need to get my truck goin any help would be awesome thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sounds like your heater relays are stuck on, what codes do you have? the heater relays are on the left fender just below the battery, there is a couple threads on here telling you how to check your grid heater circuit...so i would suggest getting codes check...they probly have something to do with your relays stuck on...good luck hope this helps...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts