Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here recently my truck started smokin more. The only thing thats on my truck currently is a quad boost fooler and a afe stage 3. The smoke is black which i know is just unburnt fuel but i can hammer down on it and see a black smoke trail and before it wouldnt smoke at all. Ive heard that when your turbo starts to go it starts smokin. Thanks in advance

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
it might just be soot in the pipe as long as it runs ok your gauges will tell you if your having a prob. also being str8 piped myself, i get soot puffs while idleing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Black smoke is usually a sign of injector wear. When the nozzles wear they don't atomize as well so more unburnt fuel. Do you run any conditioner?

I suppose you could say the turbo is going and the engine is not getting as much air.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No i dont run any conditioner. And thats what i was thinking about the turbo less air

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where is you boost when you are smoking? If you have good boost then I would not suggest it is the turbo...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Have you checked your air cleaner yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have good boost pressure when its smoking as far as the filter the afe hasnt been but a few months id say 3 1/2 at the most

1 - 7 of 7 Posts