Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much black smoke should i expect with a superchip cortex and afe mega cannon?

·
Registered
117 Posts
very little, the superchips don't smoke that much at all and since your going to be doing the intake as well that it going to help air flow and also burn up the excess fuel.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Mine smokes, i know its not a 6.7 but it still smokes..

·
Registered
343 Posts
You should probably look into an EGR block and DPF delete to really use the power to its full potential..

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
You will see very little smoke. None if you keep the DPF on the truck.

·
Registered
187 Posts
My truck smokes alot, especially when im at the low end of every gear. I guess its because I still have my EGR on??

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
as well as the stock air box. Bullydog is pumping fuel in but you cant get enough air to burn it all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very true, I want to get an S&B CAI, yall recommend it?

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
i like my s&b! i've had it for about 4k miles and i haven't had any problems with it, and you can actually hear the turbo pretty good.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So the power pup smokes pretty good if you lug it? I want some smoke, but i would like more horses that what the pup puts out. Has anyone tried or heard anything about the BD Power Ultra X tuner.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I have only talked with one person that has the new X Tuner and he likes it.

The Bully Dog PMT puts out the most smoke.

·
Premium Member
8,554 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts