Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have a question im runing my smarty on #7 moderate tq managment all other settings are default. i get a constant trail of smoke when im driving even normal exeleration. its not alot but enough you can see it in the mirrior with tinted windows. is there something wrong? i checked for boost leaks and there are none. my amsoil filter is new i do still have the cat in place with a strait pipe. is this normal or should i worry???? please help

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
whats color is it black or white?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its black. so i doubt its an injecter prob

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,246 Posts
is your turbo spooling like it susposed to? you have a boost gauge? could be burning excess with no boost, that will also cause it to blow black smoke, what kinda milage are you getting?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just have a question im runing my smarty on #7 moderate tq managment all other settings are default. i get a constant trail of smoke when im driving even normal exeleration. its not alot but enough you can see it in the mirrior with tinted windows. is there something wrong? i checked for boost leaks and there are none. my amsoil filter is new i do still have the cat in place with a strait pipe. is this normal or should i worry???? please help
mine does the the same , im not very heavy footed , roll in low boost conditions alot, i beleive this to be very common

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine also does the same thing. Especially on the interstate running around 70-75.

·
Banned
516 Posts
same here...its not alot but you can see it if you look!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts