Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know a good way to set up a smoke switch on a 99 24v? it has a banks ottomind chip. i have read every article on here about smoke switches, and now im really confused, do i use a resistor? will have a lopey idel? please help!:CRY:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
The only thing I know that it works with is the Edge Comp...
Edge COMP
(Bottom of the page)

Edge Juice doesn't even work with this trick...
But basically I just unplug the MAP sensor lead to the Edge and the Smoke comes...:lol3:

·
Registered
750 Posts
i put a switch on my truck two weeks ago work awesome basically you take the wires coming out of your map sensor and on ports a and c i believe you splice in wires to them then run the wires to the cab and when the switch connects the wires u make smoke and when its not the truck runs normal but before you add the wires i want to make sure i gave you the right port letters so don't do it until i post the exact ones for sure if u need other help pm me i did it wrong my first time threw a whole bunch of codes lol

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
i put a switch on my truck two weeks ago work awesome basically you take the wires coming out of your map sensor and on ports a and c i believe you splice in wires to them then run the wires to the cab and when the switch connects the wires u make smoke and when its not the truck runs normal but before you add the wires i want to make sure i gave you the right port letters so don't do it until i post the exact ones for sure if u need other help pm me i did it wrong my first time threw a whole bunch of codes lol
Be careful...

2001 has different pin assignments then a 2002...:thud:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Im doing the same to my 99, but im having alot of trouble finding the location of my MAP Sensor.. Any idea where i should look and what it looks like? Lol.. How many wires in the plug?

·
Registered
750 Posts
on a 99 theres three wires a b and c its found on the block behind the fuel head and in below valve cover

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
on a 99 theres three wires a b and c its found on the block behind the fuel head and in below valve cover
what bout an 02?
Heres the location on the driver side of the head... This pic is of a 2002 so the plug is different but in the same location for all 98.5 to 2002...:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Can you put a smoke switch on a stock truck

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the help guys! ill try it this weekend. A guy i met at a truck show last week had a ford powerstroke and he had a resistor somewhere on it, when it was ideling it sounds like a huge cam! anyone know how to do that trick, on a cummins?

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
thanks for all the help guys! ill try it this weekend. A guy i met at a truck show last week had a ford powerstroke and he had a resistor somewhere on it, when it was ideling it sounds like a huge cam! anyone know how to do that trick, on a cummins?
If you find out let me no.I want idle like that real bad

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
what does the map sensor do? can i just unplug mine?
Since you don't have a Edge Comp I would say it will either...

1. Throw a code and CEL light and defuel badly...

2. Just defuel and do nothing...

Like Edge Juice will do nothing... But a Edge Comp it thinks it full boost... The design of the box is the main factor. :thud:

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Defueling is when the ECM cuts the fuel to 50% (or more) of normal. It runs like a dog and has no power...

Basically like shutting the fuel down so the engine can't damage itself because of extreme conditions have happened or could happen. Like if the MAP sensor is unplugged on a stock engine then the ECM can tell how much boost is occuring so to protect itself it cuts the fuel by 50%...

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
question...i was looking at BD's "boost fooler" what would that do for me with my current setup, or would it not do a dang thing for me??

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
whats the wire config for a 01 smoke switch?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts