Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soo im very disappointed in my smarty jr not throwing enuff coal as i wanted so i was wondering if anyone here has installed a smoke switch and is willing to help me out on doing it...

·
One part at a time
840 Posts
soo im very disappointed in my smarty jr not throwing enuff coal as i wanted so i was wondering if anyone here has installed a smoke switch and is willing to help me out on doing it...
Nope, don't do it!

·
Registered
609 Posts
um please dont drive around blowing smoke just to blow smoke. seriously its just not that cool. But if you really want smoke block like 2/3 the air going into the turbo and you will have all the smoke u ever wanted. BTW do you understand that black smoke is just unburnt fuel? I mean with the price of fuel its really sucks.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... i think i figured out why i didnt smoke much... fuel filter was NASTY!!! just replaced it.. and she smoking like a blunt.. and im finally getting over 20mpg.. lol

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gotta keep them replaced.:thumbsup:
well i bought the truck and havent had the chance to replace it till now.. that filter was BLACK!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
rolling coal is aight for a little while, then it just gets plain annoying. in my 01 i can't even hit it half throttle without blacking out the entire street. i wish it would smoke less, with turbo lag,way to much fuel and a converter stalled to low its actually a P.I.T.A to drive it without annoying the general public. you have a cr. you can hit some major #'s with little to no smoke at all!!! thats bada$$ and thats exactly how i'm going to build my 6.7L. no smoke work truck sleeper

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
yes seeing the smoke every once in a while is all good but it eventually get annoying to you and everybody else on the road. with the CR you can hit some big numbers with little to no smoke at all, now us 12v guys on the other hand well lets just say lots of smoke. besides all smoke is, is unburned fuel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts