Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i want to adjust the smoke screw on my truck and ajust the afc to get a little more pre boost fuel. Will doing this without a pyrometer installed be a problem? And what is the easiest way to do this. Ive read the threads about it, but i was wondering if there was anything i should do or be aware of before i try this from people who have done this before. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
You wont have to worry about EGTs when your only playing with the preboost screw.

Dont think theirs an easy or a hard way, just remove the cover, loosen the jam nut and turn the screw. pretty simple!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok great thanks! The only other thing was i saw in the thread that there were break off screws. Do i just break these off and forget about them? And how exactly do i slide the afc forward? Im sorry if im asking stupid questions, im just trying to make sure i know wat im doing before i make any mistakes on my injection pump. Thanks!

·
Registered
769 Posts
There are threads regarding removing the break off screws. Don't mess with the smoke screw until you are done moving the AFC around, Moving it affects the screw adjustment big time.

Reactions: jpavao1066

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok great thanks again for all the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts