Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smoke in A/C

947 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  TMCGOWAN
When I have my A/C the coldest it will go and the fan goin the fastest it will go there will be smoke blowing out of one of the vents. It only comes out of one and it is the one that is to the left of the radio above the cigerrette lighter. Does anyone know what is causing this? Also, the smoke does not smell like anything.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
408 Posts
mine does it too but always just thought this was that cold that you could see it!!

· SNAFU
4,724 Posts
mine does the same thing before it starts to freeze up from the condensation, turn the ac button off and see if it stops, you probably need to add a little refridgerant to it.

· Registered
28 Posts
You could have the problem mine did. Hopped in one day turned the ac on and nothing. Thought I popped a fuze and went on the hunt. I noticed the ac clutch engaging and disengaging but no air blowing. Turned out after a multimeter and some searching, it looked like the ac control module was bad. Bought a used on w a warranty. Two months later same thing only this time I was leaving the next day on a trip. I unplugged the fan motor and ran a fused hot lead on a switch as well as a ground to it. I had ac it was on and wide open nothing in between. When I got back I went to testing again and under my dash I found a half disconnected after market alarm system. Two hours later I completely uninstalled the alarm and the plugged the ac back up and bingo everything works. Gotta remember these trucks use body computers to control all sorts of stuff.

· Registered
75 Posts
ya it sounds like your a little low on juice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.