Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was looking for some info an how to get my 1991 1st gen w350 Cummins. I am wanting to know how to get it to blow more coal and have some more power. I pull trailers alot and I just need some more power on the heavier loads. Now I have heard that you can put bigger injectors in it, but I really don't want to. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
your not going to get good responses with saying you want to blow more smoke but here 4'' exhaust pyro boost for sure and make a intake also a fuel pressure gauge wouldnt be a bad idea. If you want you can grind your stock fuel pin or get a denny t also you can turn up your fuel screw. But if your towing i would look at getting a different turbo, tune for power not smoke a little bit of smoke will come as you get more power but it aint cool and doesn't give us a good rep if people are blowing smoke everywhere!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
is your truck intercooled ? ?
auto or 5 spd ? ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
For smoke I like to use my corn cob pipe. And for more power I just ask my pet silverback if he want's to come for a ride. And when I want even more smoke.....I light said pet silverback on fire.

·
Sweatin to the oldies
2,211 Posts
Search for "Full power screw" "Fuel Pin" and "3200 GSK." Just don't attempt anything until you have thoroughly researched these mods and fully understand exactly how to execute them, along with safety precautions for not burning up anything.

Oh, and you'll need a pyrometer.

And another thing - smoke comes with power (sometimes), smoke does not equal power. If it smokes, it means you need to get a bigger turbo and step off the go pedal a bit.

·
Super Moderator
23,865 Posts
Put a barrel in your truck bed and put a couple tires in it and light them on fire. Lots of smoke.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1stgenfarmboy- it's intercooled and a 5 speed.
All non useable comments- If it doesn't help why post it? I'm not gunna go and blow smoke all the time. If I've gotta smoke some punk in a ricer, I want to get him good. I think about any of us would.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Do what cumminshp said, those are the mods to start out with. And again like was stated, get gauges to keep an eye on things.
You mentioned injectors, yes a mild set of injectors and upgrading the turbo would also help with towing, but alot of people get good results with stock injectors. Just be careful and do all the mods one at a time. Good luck

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
people are guna not want to help u because u said u want more smoke. but look at pump forums how to to turn bolts. free easy mods. but make sure you have a EGT gauge first. and boost gauge

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is the "non"-powertrain section of the forum and it's called "rollin'" coal not blowing:stirpot:, and there's nothing wrong with pouring a little fuel on the fire from time to time, if my @ss is gettin rid i'll Roal coal all over that dumb dumb!:peelout

1 - 13 of 13 Posts