Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was going to buy a smarty jr but was wondering if there is similar settings on revo? my truck is mostly stock now g56 with egt,boost gauges.muffler delete,gutted torque tube.
if the revo will be 'safe' with mild settings but could be turned up with mods then i will get that. i am broke after buying truck so other mods won't be for a long while.

thanks scott

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
If you have plans of bigger power in the future, buy once, get the Smarty SR. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
341 Posts
i got the smarty sr and love it myself.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Here's my smarty dilemma, I've been think about getting a smarty for a while now. My truck is mostly stock, don't really plan much on the mod front, I work with it and is my daily driver so I need more function over fun. However with Diesel being priced like gold I would like to squeeze a couple of more MPG out and a little more throttle response will be a plus. Do I go with the Smarty Jr with its modified torque management and limited programing or spend the $200 more and get the smarty sr that is a little more tunable and just run a conservative tune to save my tranny? Where is the economy made with the smarty, in the timing, fueling, the torque management or a combination of all three?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
in time I will bump up to a smarty

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mass?

hey rufushusky,
what part of ma are you from? i am in attleboro by ri border?:thumbsup
scott

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
hey rufushusky,
what part of ma are you from? i am in attleboro by ri border?:thumbsup
scott
Oh cool. I am from Weymouth. up at the top of route 3.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi Guys
I just installed a Smarty Jr and on econo it had good power but on performance it was unreal..... Now i'm not a power hog :eek: But someday I might stage up but for now exhaust intake and a jr should be enough. Maybe.... most likely .... Hey Scott I use to live in North Attelboro 25 years ago. :beer

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bunch of locals!!
scott

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree 100% with Brian... I haven't bought one yet but I will be going with the smarty Sr. for sure.... Buy once and be happy...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
b Smart............:$: a Smarty Sr!:lol3::thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:hyper:

·
Registered
841 Posts
If you use your truck for work like I do then dependability is most important. The Smarty Jr is perfect for guys like myself ... and why they made it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the smarty jr and i love it, either way you wont go wrong, im going to get the smarty sr once i get a torque converter and valve body, for now the smarty jr is awsome, its like a sports car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
i had the smarty sr, and i just bought the jr with the beta sw on it. i liked the sr dont get me wrong, but i never used more than the 90hp setting... at least with the jr ill use the highest setting and use it to its potential. the sr i used on 170 one dang time, and that was to dyno- other than that, didnt care if it was there. plus the jr does everything the sr does, without the higher settings(i never used)

·
Registered
379 Posts
i raced a truck with the smarty sr. and i was on level 3 or the jr and i beat him, im plenty happy with the jr for now. if i get a built tranny i willl be wanting a smarty sr. just depends what u wanna do. both are good decisions!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts