Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why can't the people over at smarty make it on the fly? only thing i don't like about it. what do you guys think i should go with? i have the torq tube mod, and a straight pipe. looking for better mileage and that :peelout factor in the butt dyno, cost isn't really a factor but i only want to have to do this once, also, are there any stacks or upgrades with the smarty to improve performance?

·
Premium Member
10,376 Posts
Well, if you like the ability to shift on the fly and have a digital gauge setup then definetly the Edge would be the way to go.

The Smarty has the Revo upgrade for more power.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but i don't plan on any tranny upgrades for a while, don't think i'll be able to run the smarty to it's full potential anyways. plus i'll have built in gauges, wondering if i can turn the edge all the way up and still be good on my trans. also what doesn't the edge do? pressure, timing, duration? and if it doesn't do something, can i stack with something that will make up for it?

·
Registered
8,728 Posts
I unforntunetly had the banks six gun in mine which is on the fly... took it out and put the smarty in mine and its a night and day difference... i have stock tranny as well.. i run it on level 3 all day long.. it runs great! talk to bob wagner he will hook you up with what you need.. I do wish it was on the fly though.. good luck:peelout

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, but level three of nine is a waste to me. and i still would have to buy guages and everything else to make them work, not trying to have a top fuel truck, just want some more mileage and on the fly power

·
Registered
34 Posts
smarty jr

get tkr smartyjr i love mine being able to switch on the fly is nice but i wouldnt trade my jr for any other programer if you want a switch opition get a puck for extra punch

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why is it that everyone says the edge runs hot? what doesn't it do that makes this happen?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just get smarty jr and a boost and pryo guage and you will be good. But in the end you will have a new tranny to handle 900 hp LOL its addicting

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I have the edge juice and it is a nice starter box but I plan to bump up to a smarty in the not too distant future. JMHO but on the fly is overrated...I never change my juice from 3/1.

·
Banned
516 Posts
But in the end you will have a new tranny to handle 900 hp LOL its addicting
agree with this 100%. i said im not looking for a race truck and here i am ordering a new transmission and turbo!

·
Horseback Recluse
691 Posts
yeah, but level three of nine is a waste to me. and i still would have to buy guages and everything else to make them work, not trying to have a top fuel truck, just want some more mileage and on the fly power
You've never driven the Smarty then. Level three is what I use 90% of the time and I have a clutch that handles level 9 REVO-TNT. I also think adjust on the fly is overrated. Once you get the Smarty you'll understand :thumbsup.

·
Registered
93 Posts
If you are set on the edge , I'm going to have my hot juice and A-2 for sale very soon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I've both the edge juice and a Smarty and the Smarty just distributes the power better. I run my Edge on #0 and my Smarty on #3 and my truck runs great!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
not exactly set on the edge but do like the fact that it comes with it's own gauges, if i could get a smarty w/ attitude i would. i could also stack the edge to make up the difference.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Must work diffrently on the 3rd gens.. I would not trade my edge for a smarty on my 2nd gen...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
couldn't tell ya, i just like to on the fly and the guages, plus i can stack it to make up the extra power from the smarty. Does anyone know what supposedly makes the edge run hot?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Mine doesn't at all on my 99. With the 125hp Injectors and the stock turbo it would get up in temp with the fuel setting on 5. but I am just talking 1400 degrees at wot in 5th gear. Since the turbo upgrade it will not hit 1300 in 5th at wot on level 6X5 wich is the Hot unlock...

I love being able to push the button and I am on kill or push it and I am in towe or drive or economy mode.. None of this wait and let me load another program stuff... Plus the safety's, alarms and 10 + gauges in one display... Very nice...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
couldn't tell ya, i just like to on the fly and the guages, plus i can stack it to make up the extra power from the smarty. Does anyone know what supposedly makes the edge run hot?
Those gauges are not as accurate as individual gauges. The attitude monitor displays what the ECM tells it too except for EGT. I'd go with a Smarty.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Those gauges are not as accurate as individual gauges. The attitude monitor displays what the ECM tells it too except for EGT. I'd go with a Smarty.
LOL.. That is like saying an Abacus is better than a calculator...LOL:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof

1 - 20 of 52 Posts