Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Smarty!!!!

4K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  kscumminsdriver 
#1 ·
Well guys i just put the smarty on the truck tonight and WOW!!! I dont even know how to describe how much i like it. It seems to pull harder than my edge Comp did at least down low!

The smoke is awesome!

The only thing is, I hope that my gauge is reading right and hope my Fuel Pressure isnt dropping. i cant fry another VP44.

Has anyone fried a VP with just the smarty?

Thanks.

Mike

#3 ·
I sold it because i didnt want to deal with another Wiretap chip..

#4 ·
While we all know the problems with the vp44, I honestly think you are worrying a little too much.

Good to hear you like the Smarty.:beer

#5 ·
after being on my third....I am not in any position to afford yet another! so i needed a Untracable Chip!

#6 ·
The Smarty is the **** for down low not to much for top end.The Smarty and adrenaline is a good stack.Put some injectors on there if you aint already got some,and watch the smarty come to life

#8 ·
Now on #9 i feel either the shifting is quite different or the converter is slipping.......uh oh

#9 ·
Have you tried a stealth plate on a vp44? Comp and smarty stacked would amaze you.

#11 ·
Mike... Are you computer savey? I updated the smarty to a beta version I had that works great in my truck.

Try to download the latest version if you want, it may improve the shift points for you. The version I loaded rocks in my 02, every VP truck is different.

If it's worse I will email you the 7Zip file to put it back....

#38 ·
Is this the newest version on the mads site? Or is this something different??

#28 ·
Turn your fuel pressure down. 14 to 16 at idle is about right.:thumbsup

#23 ·
Wow Wally, thats not enough! You still need a 10 inch stack, running lights, and a flame job to save any VP:T:

By the way I think your FASS pump needs to be turned down. Your fuel pressure needs to be around 13-15 while at idle I think.

#24 ·
what is the bata version? i run mine on 8 with the comp off and i have 5 levals of fun :T:

befor i got the comp i ran mine on 9 all the time i lost about a mpg on 9 but like stated befor full throtle hapens around 1/4 lol

#26 ·
I would like to give it a try Bob where can I get your email?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.