Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my smarty in and installed the other day its an s-04 ver 3.12.Should i up date to a newer version? and if i do will i still have the smoke?I have been running it on 5 i tried 7 but i think ifelt the trans slip.if i install a new converter and valve body would that help in higher settings?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Any updates you do wont be bad. You can update for higher tq settings and such. As for your tranny, yes a converter, valvebody and maybe a flex plate and you will be able to handle the higher settings. Hope this helps a bit. If any more questions let us know.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hey Trey!! If you do upgarde your tranny-I recommend that you bite the bullet and get you a built tranny from Goerend Bros. trans!!! Look them up!!!! Dave at GBT will be able to answer any questions you may have!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would it help to just put a converter and valve body, would i be able to run it in higher settings?

·
Registered
459 Posts
O yeah!! but a tst and smarty stack WILL BREAK A INPUT SHAFT!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do you think that my truck on 5 would out run a pt cruzer gt? the guy says it runs mid 13's

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ive never seen a pt gt!! I think it will!! Try and see!! My dodge got a new pontiac gto with the tst on 0 and smarty on fuel saver!! it was so funny!! started at 40mph and i had him by 4 trucks at 90mph!! that ol man was shocked!! He picked the wrong one to jump on!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey Will how do you get so much smoke out of yours?

·
Registered
459 Posts
haha INJECTORS!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i put a fass and 90hp injectors will i get smoke?

·
Registered
459 Posts
O YEAH!! you better go ahead with that tranny first thou!! then fass then injectors and turbo and head studs!! Its better to be safe than sorry!!!

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
If you change the torque management you will get smoke...not sure how the "updates" are setup for the S-04, though...just took a gander..give moderate torque management w/aftermarket turboa try.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what do i need to change the torque man setting too?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have no idea on the tm!!!

·
Buck Ofama
1,343 Posts
I have the s06 and loaded the wild torque management. All my smoke is gone. It runs alot better but don't count on new tunes for smoke.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey tt433 ill back that u atleast need an input shaft. and not for the launches. that valve body shifts hard into o.d. and u will break a stock shaft very eisily if ur not very careful.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ahhhh the voice of experience speaks.:$:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nick- when you steppin up a notch??

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Some time in the next year when my warranty is up, and I hopefully have some more cash. When I do it, it will be done right, gauges, clutch, then power.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts