Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who is running a Smarty on a stock clutch? Thinking about getting myself a gift and have been wanting one for a while.

Anybody tear up their clutch with just a Smarty tune?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should be ok as long as you don't have any slipping of your clutch now. The latest Smarty software has a torque management setting to help you control against slipping. You can read the new software here MADS Electronics - Smarty - CaTCHER - REVO our trucks use the S03.

Reactions: Erik_w

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No slipping now, clutch was replaced 20k miles ago with the same brand clutch as stock, they just said they improved the diaphragm or what ever it has to lessen peddle stiffness

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 100s and I run my edge on 5x5 all the time on a stock clutch it makes things interesting.
Do explain the interesting part

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
i run edge on hot all the time on stock clutch...hasnt slipped yet...but i dont launch it or do burnout so

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ me neither, looks like I'm getting a Smarty!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL^What are you guys getting the best fuel eco with? Half power setting or turned all the way up?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got my Smarty on the lowest performance tune with added timing I can get 21-25 highway pretty regularly I don't have a lift though and I'm only running tires slightly larger then stock. Smarty also comes with a fuel economy setting:thumbsup: but I haven't used it.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
on stock injectors with edge you get best mileage in the higher settings because it pulls timing
I got 22.5 going 75mph

·
Registered
321 Posts
with my smarty i got best fuel economy on 7 with my comp i get best on 5x5 on stock injectors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts