Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

smarty wheres the smoke

7257 Views 120 Replies 33 Participants Last post by  Alabama Mud Machine
i finally talk my dad into gettin the smarty and hoping that it would make it smoke a little. when we first loaded there was no smoke at so i just figured i needed to upload the tune for no dpf and egr off the internet and thats what i did. but it still feels like no more power and no smoke. i dont really know too much about the 6.7 so im just wondering if there is a smarty tune that will make it smoke. if there is where do i get it.
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
Is this on a dpf egr deleted truck. If it is not it will never smoke. Even if it is deleted Marco has made this software super effecient it will use the energy out of almost every drop of fuel. Marco is still working on the Power on demand and TNT tunes.
Andy

· Registered
681 Posts
Now that is music to my ears !!!! I can't wait to blow some coal ! I haven't been able to smoke a damn thing since I put on my XDI CAI..... :(

· Registered
196 Posts
Garrett,
I've got a couple questions for you.
Does the truck have the EGR/DPF deleted?
Did you follow EXACTLY our instructions for the deletes?
No power???? what CaTCHER did you load into the truck?

As for the smoke. I've spent a lot of time to fine tune these software's in order to avoid as much as possible what you're asking for; Smoke! :doh:

Marco

· Registered
681 Posts
Marco, I just want to be able to blow some smoke once in a while I'm - not running around and blacking out the town,

· Banned
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes everything asked for in the directions has been deleted. as for as no power, thats not what i meant. what i meant was it felt like there was no difference between the regular version and the version made for EGR/DPF deletes. i have no probblems with the fine tuning to get the most out of the fuel. i have no complaints over the smarty i have had a smarty on my 04 for almost 60k miles with no complaints. your products works great on the 6.7l also. all im looking for is the low end power and instant response like on the 5.9l.

· Registered
196 Posts
there was no difference between the regular version and the version made for EGR/DPF deletes.
Of course, the power gains are the same...
Another reason to tune for as little smoke as possible, otherwise the DPF will need to have more regens done...

Can you see the plan behind the scenes? :lol4:

Marco

· Registered
398 Posts
Please make a tune where it will make thick, rich, delicious , luxurious,intoxicating ,filthy, disgusting, mentally insane, perverted, environmentally irresponsible,bowel shaking, black smoke.

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Please make a tune where it will make thick, rich, delicious , luxurious,intoxicating ,filthy, disgusting, mentally insane, perverted, environmentally irresponsible,bowel shaking, black smoke.
Marco, please don't... :banghead:

I like stealth deletes and high efficiency...

:party018:

· Banned
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok so im not gettin anywhere with this so i'll just want for more tunes to come out.

· Unreconstructed
24,962 Posts
Hey Marco.

Got a question for you...

So, on the 170hp tune it doesn't smoke?

Also was wondering how fuel-efficient it would be on the 170hp tune?

How large will the tunes eventually go up to, or will you be doing any custom tuning?

Just wanted to learn a little bit more about the Smarty, so I won't look like I'm ignorant towards other's products. :thumbsup:

Thanks man,

AMM

· Smells like Bananas
9,086 Posts
Marco,

At times it would be great to be able to blow smoke. Kind of like having a train horn on the truck. You don't need it all the time but in some cases it is worth its weight in gold.

But I see what you mean, If you can make a high HP tune that does not smoke when there is no DPF in place it will still give the appearance that there is a DPF there.

Though you could still have a software avaible for those who miss or want the smoke? Thick and Rich would be nice at times.

· Registered
196 Posts
Smoke?
Hmmmm, as much as I hate to see unsatisfied customers, or worse lost customers... if you want "thick, rich, delicious , luxurious,intoxicating ,filthy, disgusting, mentally insane, perverted, environmentally irresponsible,bowel shaking, black smoke" then Smarty is not the right product for ya.

I will NOT release any softwares that smoke too much. With this I mean to say, it HAS to be possible to drive without any visible smoke. Only during hard WOT runs there is "some" smoke, for NOW. I'm working to get rid of that smoke too.

Guys, it's time to steer the Diesel industry into a new direction!
CLEAN is the way to be or our 'lil sport won't last.

In the past ( not to long ago...) it was like, if it doesn't smoke, it makes no power. Due to this I havta admit I'm guilty of having tuned softwares that smoked on purpose. :confused013:

Today it's another story! With the new technologies we have on hand now (aka the 6.7L) it is totally possible to tune the truck, make power and not smoke.

I think that answeres most of your questions AAM.

Fuel efficency wise, I have driven 990 KM at OUR speedlimits and filled up with 100 L( or was that 105??). I was in a hurry otherwise I could've got more. You do the conversion...

Marco

· Super Mod
1,438 Posts
No smoke means efficient. If you're wanting smoke, get a PMT and set it to extreme.

The future of all diesels will be with some type of DPF technology and eventually Johnny Law will be cracking down on things more and more. I see the Smarty being tuned the way it is (low EGTs, no smoke) something that will be future proof for trucks keeping the DPF's in tact to keep regens less frequent and still putting up large HP/Torque numbers.

I am not a tree hugger by any means as I really don't believe in the whole "Global Warming" ordeal but a tuner like the smarty may be able to help get us diesel owners a better name instead of what we have going for us now. Which is a horrible reputation for the "coal rolling".

· Premium Member
1,887 Posts
I'm running the smarty and mine smokes pretty good. I would like to see more power without the guilty trail... I'm not big on alot of smoke that is just waisted fuel and energy. I like where Marco is going!

· Registered
196 Posts
is there going to be a bigger tune?
For the stock engine? Right now I'm hitting a wall around 185 added hp. The stock turbo is one limiting factor for sure. Another is the stock CP3.

At this point in time I'm not able to forsee how far the engine with the stock components can be pushed. We're still doing researches.

Another story are the softwares for modified engines with correctly matched supporting mods! That's a no brainer!

Marco

1 - 20 of 121 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.