Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when they say programmers leave a trace in the computer.. Does it mean simply that I had a programmer in there? I've heard some say that it monitors the fuel pressure and all that kind of stuff and that's how they know if you've messed with it. I was just going to try the Smarty on my dad's one truck maybe on SW1 for just a bit to see how it does.. Not sure if computer and transmission tunes are related at all, but the whole thing acts a lot different during shifts than I'm used to from our other 6.7s.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
The shifting points will feel different when running a tuner. The TCM is mapped looking to shift at different (stock) levels. All that is scrambled with a tuner fuel map. A tech if given reason to look for a tuner can see if the parameters have be running way out of the "normal" stock levels. IE if the map shows boost level up in the 45 psi range it is a clear signal a tuner has been in use.
That said, if you go in for a broken window motor or alternator or other unrelated issue, I doubt they would have reason to look for tuner tracks. If you go in for a toasted transmission or blown head gasket, be assured they WILL surely look at everything with a microscope for signs of tampering or owner abuse. The dealer gets more money from you paying for repairs than they are allowed from Chrylser. ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's why I was thinking SW1 on the Smarty shouldn't show much extra.. The truck has almost 80K now, and if we can't easily get it fixed, we trading at 100K, if we can getting it fixed, we doing the deletes now and keeping it till 120-150K. I was thinking about the H&S Overdrive already too, because we don't want extra power on this truck, just DPF/EGR delete, I guess I'll have to look into it and see if I can do that with H&S...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts