Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone here raves on smarty, but sounds a little like a lot of trial and error using it. I have a basically stock truck and would like to increase milage. also would like to know egt for shut down. Attitude would do this or buying gauges to use with smarty. gauges and smarty around $975 edge around $750. ??

·
Diesel Junkie
5,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
The smarty has a lot more power then the juice. I like my juice but I know once I get my transmission done, I will bump up to the smarty. The juice is a great starter box with all the safety features it has. Can't go too wrong with either in my opinion.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good read but now as undecided as ever.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Well I have had the Hot Juice W/ Attitude for about a year and have just got the Smarty. For power the Smarty Kills the hot Juice. Lower EGT's, more responsive, smoother, and more powerful. I still like the Edge, it's been very good for me. Great power and very nice features. If your main concern is fuel mileage though, you may want to look elsewere besides the edge. Most folks see very little difference, me pesonnally, I got about 1 MPG on the /1 setting. Thats with a very light foot too. I'm thinking a Quad standard box with the commander might be a good choice for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts